Omnipod Malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda102

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Had a call from my daughter's school today. Her omnipod device jammed up as she was trying to deliver her lunchtime bolus. It came up with an error message and said to remove pod and consult user manual!! Panic! The device then was stuck on the error message! No insulin being delivered so took her home and gave her a shot of novo rapid to cover her lunch. This is not a negative story however! I contacted the customer services and they were fantastic. She talked through the re-setting which was easy and then said she would send me a brand new back up device as we had only had it a few months. I mentioned we had had 2 pods fail recently when priming them so she said she would send us 3 new ones. I also had a great result from the children's ward at the hospital when I phoned in a panic. The consultant phoned me back in a few minutes and told us what to do until her scheduled check up with her that afternoon. We still love the omnipod despite the very occasional hiccough!

Good to hear that things were quickly sorted out - so essential to have good service with these things! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back