Omnipod 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1dnc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Notwithstanding all the hullaballoo around the June launch of Omnipod 5, has anyone actually been offered it yet?

I haven't heard a peep from my clinic.

Yep, 14 year old son started on Friday. I was very skeptical but it has been almost miraculous already. I was fully anticipating glitches and massive highs and we have had neither. Hanging around about 90% in range since Saturday night. Saturday was a bit hit and miss but the highest he hit was 15 and came down gradually. Nights are perfect. For the first time since diagnosis we are sleeping through.

Music to my ears! A full night's sleep, wow. So glad it's going well @Mole. 🙂
I saw something today from Partha Kat that said it's going to be rolled out to all T1 children (I think). I am feeling marginally guilty at the moment as it has made life SO easy. I suspect it might go a bit awry when we head back to school, but I am incredibly grateful for the respite!

That's great news @Mole

Our daughter is currently using the Dexcom G7, been really happy with it and all going fairly well. Still using an i-port for her injections but these can be hard work, especially for teachers at school who aren’t used to lining the needle up and so on. We are going to go over to an Omnipod soon I believe but changing to a Dexcom G6 just seems a bit of a step back. Is there any rumours as to when the Omnipod will be compatible with a G7?

I just got this message from my clinic:

"Just wanted to keep you informed….

Regarding OP5 unfortunately we have now been advised:

'this system is not currently commissioned until the full NICE guidance for closed loop has been released and the ICB wide formulary has been agreed. These requests have therefore been rejected'

We are confirming regarding current warranty with Insulet Territory Manager ******** ******* today and will keep you informed"

I assume this is our local ICB bu**ering around as usual. Why can't these people just get on and do their job, rather than throw every obstacle they can find at any progress. (And why can't they express themselves in plain English.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back