Omnipod 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Rose

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Have people here in the UK been given the omnipod 5 yet? I understand that it is being used in the U.S.A already and since I'm going to be getting my first pump shortly, I'm desperate to know when it will be available in the UK as it seems the ideal one for me...

If you have approval for a pump, your best bet is to talk to your diabetes team. Do you know OmniPod is on offer in your CCG? My CCG has decided it is too expensive so do not offer it to anyone.
If you are lucky and it is on offer for you, they will know best when they (not the country .. because it may vary) will have access to OmniPod 5. Given the design of the OmniPod, I understand that they will offer an upgrade to all current OmniPod users when the new version is released.

If it is not available in your CCG, it is very difficult to get them to offer it and it is best to focus on what they offer.

BTW what is it about the OmniPod 5 that makes you think it is the ideal one for you? The features you want may be available on other pumps.

Heard it could be end of year, but who knows with these things.
That's what I was told too. My pump DSN also told me that Omnipod have said that existing Dash users will be moved over to the new system automatically. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back