Omnipod 5 and Libre 2 plus

PattiEvans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Just a couple of observations since I've been on HCL:

The Omnipod 5 PDM (which is the receiver for the Libre 2 plus) doesn't seem to have a "Logbook" feature and doesn't scan. So for example to know what a waking figure is you just have to press on the 3 lines, top left and scroll down to "History
Detail" and then choose "Auto Events" and look at the time you remember waking. So when I initially woke it was 7.3 this morning. I find it rather a strange way of going about things. I also can't see my 7, 30 and 90 day TIR - only the TIR for the present day since midnight. Unless someone more au fait can correct me, then I have to say I think the latter is a huge omission in the software.

I've had a very good look round, but I've not discovered any different. If anyone else knows more I'd be pleased to be corrected.

I can imagine the PDM needs to be the device to initialise the sensor (that tends to be how devices get the Bluetooth signal), but can't you then scan with a phone (which'll warn that it can't produce alarms) and scan with that? (I don't know that that's possible but it feels plausible.)

Worth a try maybe - I'll have to re-install the Libre app on my phone. Thanks Bruce.

Worth a try maybe - I'll have to re-install the Libre app on my phone. Thanks Bruce.
I did not think the libra 2 plus works with a phone I was told it works with a handset
I hope to be on this at some time soon.
Does it prevent the hypos?

I did not think the libra 2 plus works with a phone I was told it works with a handset
As far as I know it's much the same as Libre 2. With just smallish changes (lasts 15 days rather than 14 and is a bit more accurate). It certainly works with phones.

What I don't know is whether it can be used with a pump and also be scanned with a phone; I think it probably ought to but I don't know.

The Libre 2 plus does work with a phone, I have been doing so for the last couple of months.

But does it work with the phone alongside the PDM? I haven’t tried it yet as I am on holiday. Ineed it to work with the PDM to control the HCL. My query really was to see if anyone knew whether somewhere deep within the PDM software there’s the information regarding 7, 30 and 90 days.

Thinking about it that information might well be in Glooko online where it uploads to. I’ll have to look there when I get home. Currently more interested in what might be on offer in the local market and which restaurant to choose for lunch! LOL!

If you hook up a device doesn't it block out and prevent other devices?

FWIW I have the glooko ap on my phone, pad and laptop

If you hook up a device doesn't it block out and prevent other devices?
For Bluetooth, yes, and if you start a sensor with your phone I think you can't then also scan with the reader. But you can start a sensor with the reader (which gets the Bluetooth and so the alarms) and also use a phone to scan it. I don't know how things work with a PDM.

But does it work with the phone alongside the PDM? I haven’t tried it yet as I am on holiday. Ineed it to work with the PDM to control the HCL. My query really was to see if anyone knew whether somewhere deep within the PDM software there’s the information regarding 7, 30 and 90 days.

Thinking about it that information might well be in Glooko online where it uploads to. I’ll have to look there when I get home. Currently more interested in what might be on offer in the local market and which restaurant to choose for lunch! LOL!
Hope you enjoyed your lunch and the Market where was it ?

Vannes, Britanny. Got 2 lovely tops & hubby got 2 belts, then had fish and chips French style & hubby had steak frites. Lots of walking involved too.

I have enough equipment with me to access Glooko, but just don’t want to waste too much time until we get home.

We stayed at a campsite somewhere near Vannes and couldn't find it so pulled in where a gang were completely renovating a large house and its grounds as we though some of em would be local and know where it was to direct us. Nope - all except one apparently only spoke Breton ....... when we did eventually find it the girl on reception (who came from Vannes) was incredulous at such a thing - she didn't know anyone who spoke Breton. We ruddy find em, we do ......

the PDM software there’s the information regarding 7, 30 and 90 days
I haven’t experienced Omnipod, but FWIW, with the Dexcom and Tandem tSlim I needed to run both phone sensor software and pump-cennected-to-sensor to access all my sensor stats and data as well as the hybrid loop functionality.

Back