Omipod

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want to know?
Different people have different pump requirements and most are happy with what they have.
If you use the Search function at the top right if the page, you will get some existing feedback.
If you have specific questions/requirements, it is best to ask what you are about.
Omni pod is a common pump and would not be so if it was not reliant, for example.

Omnipod user here, good pump no real issues, recently changed to Dash handset previous to that it was Pdm, battery life on Dash is poor & needs to be charged every 1-2 days, other than that all good.

Omnipod user here, good pump no real issues, recently changed to Dash handset previous to that it was Pdm, battery life on Dash is poor & needs to be charged every 1-2 days, other than that all good.
Thankyou, had type 1 diabetes for 42 years, don’t no what’s went wrong but can’t seem to control my bs anymore. Does your insulin ever run out through the night? What do you do if you want a few drinks? Do you put the carbs that are in the alcohol or not. Diabetes has never really bothered me until I got the libre six months ago , it’s made me obsessed testing my bs, and I react to much to the trend arrows. All I think of now is my blood sugars 24-7, there all over I feel as if I have no life anymore. My diabetic nurse put my glargine down as my blood sugars were dropping around 3-5am but my blood sugars were going high through the day and night so I put my glargine up last night and my sugar dropped at 5am which is what I am trying to avoid, this morning my sugars were good and most of the night so at the minute I’m thinking a pump might give me more control. So when I drop my glargine my sugars go up and when I put my Glargine up my sugar goes down. Totally fed up.

You’re far from the only person who has found the Libre can cause obsession and stress @Denise62 If it’s getting to you and taking over your life to that extent, take a break from it.

Regarding a pump and your glargine basal, you might be better off on a twice-daily basal like Levemir. This will allow you to adjust the day’s basal without affecting the night’s basal. Also, you’d be unlikely to get a pump unless you showed you’d tried other options to solve your problem first.

Oops - I also meant to say that maybe the Libre is encouraging you to make unnecessary adjustments as you say you can’t control your blood sugar anymore? Could the ‘information overload’ from the Libre be the reason for that? Could there be another reason eg hormones, stress, change of routine?

My diabetic nurse put my glargine down as my blood sugars were dropping around 3-5am but my blood sugars were going high through the day and night so I put my glargine up last night and my sugar dropped at 5am which is what I am trying to avoid, this morning my sugars were good and most of the night so at the minute I’m thinking a pump might give me more control
I’m not saying don’t push for a pump, if that’s what will help, but it could take time.
In the meantime, have you considered swapping to Levemir as a basal? This solved my problem of dropping low at night, as you take it twice a day, and can take a smaller dose at bedtime. It's still not perfect, but like you, I only discovered I had this huge dip in the night when I started with the Libre, and my Lantus wasn’t helping as I took it at bedtime so it was at peak activity when I least needed it. (whatever is said about Glargine having a flat line, I discovered it had a decided peak around 5-6 hours after taking).
Edit. @Inka got there before me with the Levemir suggestion, I should learn to type faster.

Sorry to hear you are suddenly struggling with your diabetes management.
I am another advocate of split dose Levemir for enabling you to adjust your basal insulin to your needs a bit more. I would fight tooth and nail if anyone tried to take my Levemir off me. I love it!

As regards Libre, you have to understand how it works and not react to every movement it shows of your BG. If it is causing you stress, definitely take a break. It was one of the things I asked of my consultant when it was prescribed as I had been self funding for a while first and sometimes felt like it was taking over my life and I needed a couple of weeks off here and there. He was all for taking a break when I needed it. Thankfully I no longer need breaks from it now and it makes my diabetes management so much easier but you do have to work out a healthy relationship with it and that can take time.

Thankyou, had type 1 diabetes for 42 years, don’t no what’s went wrong but can’t seem to control my bs anymore. Does your insulin ever run out through the night? What do you do if you want a few drinks? Do you put the carbs that are in the alcohol or not. Diabetes has never really bothered me until I got the libre six months ago , it’s made me obsessed testing my bs, and I react to much to the trend arrows. All I think of now is my blood sugars 24-7, there all over I feel as if I have no life anymore. My diabetic nurse put my glargine down as my blood sugars were dropping around 3-5am but my blood sugars were going high through the day and night so I put my glargine up last night and my sugar dropped at 5am which is what I am trying to avoid, this morning my sugars were good and most of the night so at the minute I’m thinking a pump might give me more control. So when I drop my glargine my sugars go up and when I put my Glargine up my sugar goes down. Totally fed up.

No insulin never runs out as on pump, even on injections it didn't.

Only drink red wine occasional whisky so don't bolus for them.

Been using libre for 5 years, never been obsessed with it, maybe scanned more in early days but that's it, find device transforming when it comes to management of condition, like you got 4 decades behind me with condition so experienced enough to appreciate tech we have now.

Just don't get uptight about tight control, you might see some say they are 90+% in range but those folk are few & far between, looking at your issues with basal insulin you need to be pushing clinic for switch to pump asap, it will resolve your nighttime bg problems or make them better.

Stay positive & relax a little as stress is no good for anyone my friend.

I’m not saying don’t push for a pump, if that’s what will help, but it could take time.
In the meantime, have you considered swapping to Levemir as a basal? This solved my problem of dropping low at night, as you take it twice a day, and can take a smaller dose at bedtime. It's still not perfect, but like you, I only discovered I had this huge dip in the night when I started with the Libre, and my Lantus wasn’t helping as I took it at bedtime so it was at peak activity when I least needed it. (whatever is said about Glargine having a flat line, I discovered it had a decided peak around 5-6 hours after taking).
Edit. @Inka got there before me with the Levemir suggestion, I should learn to type faster.

You’re far from the only person who has found the Libre can cause obsession and stress @Denise62 If it’s getting to you and taking over your life to that extent, take a break from it.

Regarding a pump and your glargine basal, you might be better off on a twice-daily basal like Levemir. This will allow you to adjust the day’s basal without affecting the night’s basal. Also, you’d be unlikely to get a pump unless you showed you’d tried other options to solve your problem first.
Thankyou

Oops - I also meant to say that maybe the Libre is encouraging you to make unnecessary adjustments as you say you can’t control your blood sugar anymore? Could the ‘information overload’ from the Libre be the reason for that? Could there be another reason eg hormones, stress, change of routine?
Hi sometimes I react to quickly to the trend arrows. Certainly Think it’s information overload. I am really stressed at the moment, lost my mam in November and just found out I have to have a full knee replacement, so I’m quite worried about that.

No insulin never runs out as on pump, even on injections it didn't.

Only drink red wine occasional whisky so don't bolus for them.

Been using libre for 5 years, never been obsessed with it, maybe scanned more in early days but that's it, find device transforming when it comes to management of condition, like you got 4 decades behind me with condition so experienced enough to appreciate tech we have now.

Just don't get uptight about tight control, you might see some say they are 90+% in range but those folk are few & far between, looking at your issues with basal insulin you need to be pushing clinic for switch to pump asap, it will resolve your nighttime bg problems or make them better.

Stay positive & relax a little as stress is no good for anyone my friend.
Thankyou so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back