Omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstu21

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
just a quick post

i have just spoken to my gp and my latest HbA1c is 13.7.

That has made e feel really shit as i have been trying so hard stil had my slip ups as i have a lot to change but thought it was going ok then bang that happens.

Sorry had to get that out sat at work with no one who realy understands

Stuart

Sorry to hear that,

You can't change whats happened but you can take this as a point to move forward from. You have 3 months now to work hard and I'm confident you can make a reduction for next time.

Sounds like you know there are changes to be made, have you identified what your problems are? How supportive are you diabetes team?

have read you other posts and realise you are starting to carb count now, that will really help you. Your A1c suggests and average blood sugar of around 23, so if you've already started dropping your numbers you next A1c is bound to be better.

I see you live in Kent have you seen this group? http://www.circledrocks.co.uk/
I've been out with them before and they are a nice group.

Last edited:
yeah my problems lie with me.

I havnt been taking cre of myself up until now. i still have days where i wake up and think why do i bother then feel shit wen i dont and the next day try and do things right am having less bad days now and can feel my mood swings improving no end.

My diabetes team are good except my GP but there arnt many good gps out there.

asked him to refer me for councilling to help after he had a rant at me and he said werent worth it cos he just did it in a harsher way

Stuart

Thats not good, alot of us have had bad experiences with GP's. Ask your DSN there should be access to a counsellor or psychologist through your clinic who would have some understanding of diabetes.

(I have edited my first post)

Sorry to hear that Stu, but you're right to ask for help or a chat if you need it, well done for doing that, they offered that to me each time to start with, maybe one day I'll need it.

Anyway goodluck with getting back on track, you know we're all here if you need a rant! or any advice.

hi stu sorry to hear of your numbers , we are here if you want to have a chat , good luck getting back on track x

Hi Stu...

Sorry to hear about the numbers......and that you are having down days...we are all here for you if you need to chat and have a good rant.

As others have said..please see your DSN for a referal to counsellor.....well done for asking to see someone though.

Take care

Heidi
xx🙂

just a quick post

i have just spoken to my gp and my latest HbA1c is 13.7.

That has made e feel really shit as i have been trying so hard stil had my slip ups as i have a lot to change but thought it was going ok then bang that happens.

Sorry had to get that out sat at work with no one who realy understands

Stuart

Hi Stuart , dont worry you are not alone , my last HbA1c which was only a short while ago was 17.8 😱 Grrrr it does make you wonder why you try at all , but we live to fight another day and I'm determined to get mine lower , hehe at least below 10 would be nice lol , admittedly mine was down from the top 20's so some improvement , more luck than judgement tho. If you ever feel down about it just think , mine will probably be always worse than yours lol hehehe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back