OMG think I might have over done it today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Been out cycling and decided to cycle to Lime park hall which is 6 miles from home and all up hill. Thought I'll be ok.

God was it hard - felt sick as a dog when I got there. Hubby and I decided to cycle back down but get onto the middlewood way which is a cycle / walk path. Good coming down hill and then along the path felt quite good and decided to carry on to Bollington and then stop of for some lunch.

Had a coffee and naughty naughty a burger and chips at the pub. The set of back home via the middlewood way to prestbury and home.

24 miles in total and I am now totally done in. Had a hot bath to try and ease my thights - they were burning.

Am I mad or what!! Hubby said he was proud I kept up - but I think it is teatering on stupidity :D

As a confirmed couch potatoe I'd err on the side of caution and build up to that kind of distance gradually, especially with some of it up hill. There are some real fities here better qualified to comment.

Am not surprised you felt sick, your sugars probably plummeted.. I remember when I was still trying to cycle I only managed a mile and a half before I felt sick, shakey and unwell!!! That was about 10 years ago..

This was after eight weeks of build up - furthest previoiusly 15 miles!!

Mad I know :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back