OMG HbA1C!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catbanj

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I just had to share this with people who will get it ......

Feb HbA1C = 51

Today I got the result from last week ......1688968404914.png

39!!!!!! That is better than I dreamt of. I was hoping for a reduction but this is insane.

Lots of testing, a much reduced carb intake and a weigh loss of 3 stone (all but 1/2 lb)

I think now I will reduce testing to waking and before dinner but continue with reduced carb to try and get rid of more weight. I don't want to go backwards.

Happy Monday everyone.!

Congratulation, fantastic result.

That's a great drop into normal range - well done - and goes to show what can be achieved when you put your mind to it. Others who are newly diagnosed can take inspiration from what you've managed.

Interesting 'low risk' and 're-assessment' comments as I haven't come across anything like that before. There's nothing of that kind against my HbA1c results in Patient Access even though my last five have all been in normal range and I'm officially in remission.

It's good that you plan to stick with your regime. I've done the same.

That’s wonderful @Catbanj !

Huge congratulations on your weight loss and the spectacular A1c reduction. You have every right to feel proud of your achievements.

Sounds like a good idea to drop back to ‘maintenance’ level BG checks - you may decide these don’t even need to be daily if your BGs seem stable with the menu you’ve developed.

As your weight drops you might also experiment with a few additions/adjustments to your menu as you might find you have become more sensitive to your insulin, and if you’ve been losing visceral fat your pancreatic function may be recovering?

Well done!

Neat!

Be proud @Catbanj . You have worked hard at this and it is so good when it pays off.

WOOHOO! Many congratulations on a great HbA1c result and huge weight loss!
As others have said, you have every right to be extremely proud of yourself and I very much hope that your post will provide hope and inspiration to others just starting their journey with diabetes.
WELL DONE! And keep up the good work!

Yayyyy!!! It’s very satisfying when the hard work pays off.

Well done xx

Way to go, your hard work has paid off. Well done Congratulations.

Fantastic well done.

That's a great drop into normal range - well done - and goes to show what can be achieved when you put your mind to it. Others who are newly diagnosed can take inspiration from what you've managed.

Interesting 'low risk' and 're-assessment' comments as I haven't come across anything like that before. There's nothing of that kind against my HbA1c results in Patient Access even though my last five have all been in normal range and I'm officially in remission.

It's good that you plan to stick with your regime. I've done the sa

Thanks for the encouragement - I copied the comments from systmonline

That’s wonderful @Catbanj !

Huge congratulations on your weight loss and the spectacular A1c reduction. You have every right to feel proud of your achievements.

Sounds like a good idea to drop back to ‘maintenance’ level BG checks - you may decide these don’t even need to be daily if your BGs seem stable with the menu you’ve developed.

As your weight drops you might also experiment with a few additions/adjustments to your menu as you might find you have become more sensitive to your insulin, and if you’ve been losing visceral fat your pancreatic function may be recovering?
Thanks for the reassurance - testing is now part of my routine. I am not confident enough to drop it (yet). It will be interesting to see what I can tolerate long term .... but for now I was to have another 6 months doing what I am- my thinking is that I broke my sugar control by grazing at work over a long period of time. I was to give everything a long period to settle down before risking the progress I have made.

Thank you everyone. So many supportive comments.

I doubt I would have done this without the information I got from the forum- reading everyone's posts, taking what I felt was possible and could help and ignoring things I didn't feel would work. There is so much knowledge and goodwill here, it is just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back