Omelette wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
As many of you may know I get very over excited when I find something nice I can actually eat.
Well for breakfast this morning I had an omelette wrap, dead simple, mix an egg pour it into a saucepan, as it starts to cook put a low carb wrap (carbzone 5g per wrap) on top of the egg, on one half add whatever you like, I did cheese, ham, spinach fold it over a cook for a minute or so in each side. Absolutely delicious, it’s essentially a wrap with an omelette stuck to it!! Some of you may have tried it before but for those who haven’t… your welcome 😉

Does that make it a wraplette or an omap?

As many of you may know I get very over excited when I find something nice I can actually eat.
Well for breakfast this morning I had an omelette wrap, dead simple, mix an egg pour it into a saucepan, as it starts to cook put a low carb wrap (carbzone 5g per wrap) on top of the egg, on one half add whatever you like, I did cheese, ham, spinach fold it over a cook for a minute or so in each side. Absolutely delicious, it’s essentially a wrap with an omelette stuck to it!! Some of you may have tried it before but for those who haven’t… your welcome 😉
What is a carbzone ????

I’m thinking wraplette. :confused:
ooh sounds like a good idea, i bought the carbzone wraps the other week when you recommended them, then forgot they're in the cupboard, and i have far too many eggs at the moment🙂

Could you do a pizza/calzone with them (the wraps, not the newly invented egg/wrap combo)? I'm thinking a few spoons of chopped tomatoes or passata, a bit of garlic and oregano and a sprinkling of cheese would make a nice calzone and you could dry fry it in a frying pan to melt the cheese, and slightly toast the wrap.

Could you do a pizza/calzone with them (the wraps, not the newly invented egg/wrap combo)? I'm thinking a few spoons of chopped tomatoes or passata, a bit of garlic and oregano and a sprinkling of cheese would make a nice calzone and you could dry fry it in a frying pan to melt the cheese, and slightly toast the wrap.
Oh my goodness stop ! This is amazing … see I have made them into a pizza in the oven but they go a bit crispy so this would be perfect I think.

Thanks for the tip and dish idea.. will follow up.

Haven't got any wraps & can't be bothered to drive to the shop, but I'm definitely going to try this. Sounds delicious.

I’m thinking wraplette. :confused:

Haven't got any wraps & can't be bothered to drive to the shop, but I'm definitely going to try this. Sounds delicious.
You can always make carb free ones by beating together grated cheese and an egg then cooking it gently in a frying pan - some people add psyllium husk or almond flour depending on what they intend to eat with it. Its the same recipe as used for chaffles (cheese waffles).

You can always make carb free ones by beating together grated cheese and an egg then cooking it gently in a frying pan - some people add psyllium husk or almond flour depending on what they intend to eat with it. Its the same recipe as used for chaffles (cheese waffles).
I've done this before and used them as a wrap with black pudding, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, lettuce and mayonnaise. They worked really well as a wrap and really tasty. As @Drummer says, it is just a chaffle mixture but made thin enough to pour out like a thick pancake (crepe) into a hot frying pan and flip to cook both sides.
I know many people don't like black pudding but ham or bacon would work just as well or tuna and salad or whatever other filling you fancy. Basic message is that you don't need to buy the wraps. They are quite easy to make.

Ooh let me know how it goes !!
well i had an egg and cheese wraplette for lunch although i didn't fold i put the wrap on top of my partially cooked omelette , then i flipped and rolled, and then rolled my roll to brown on both sides, :rofl: nice and filling, but i guess mines not quite a wraplette, more of a wraprollette
:rofl:

Attachments

• wraplette.jpg
    wraplette.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 7
well i had an egg and cheese wraplette for lunch although i didn't fold i put the wrap on top of my partially cooked omelette , then i flipped and rolled, and then rolled my roll to brown on both sides, :rofl: nice and filling, but i guess mines not quite a wraplette, more of a wraprollette
:rofl:
Flipping fantastic!! I like the way you roll :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back