old member returning after 4 years

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
i used to post as gail1 about 4 years ago but have forgotten login details and its been a while so am here again. Some of the old names i regonise Am looking forward to meeting friends old and new. a t2 insulin taking tablets as well im dyslexic so forgive bad spelling
Diabetes
sugar levals are now fine between 5 and 9 its been a long war but doing well at long last and they are talking about cutting my insulin amount
Mental health
forgive me for adding this but its part and parcel of me. no hospital admissions for 5 years no ods for 3.5 years and i feel better than i have in a long while It helps i now live in residental living
Take care gail2

I remember you, Gail, and I met you at a London meet once. Glad to hear you’re doing well.

Thanks thats a long while ago

i used to post as gail1 about 4 years ago but have forgotten login details and its been a while so am here again. Some of the old names i regonise Am looking forward to meeting friends old and new. a t2 insulin taking tablets as well im dyslexic so forgive bad spelling
Diabetes
sugar levals are now fine between 5 and 9 its been a long war but doing well at long last and they are talking about cutting my insulin amount
Mental health
forgive me for adding this but its part and parcel of me. no hospital admissions for 5 years no ods for 3.5 years and i feel better than i have in a long while It helps i now live in residental living
Take care gail2
Very pleased to meet you Gail. It takes some guts to acknowledge that you're dyslexic. Ignore anyone who comments on your spelling: they haven't had to struggle the way that you have. I'm so glad that you've found a living situation that works for you 🙂.

Hi Gail and welcome back!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I know changing living arrangements can be very challenging so it's nice to hear that it has helped you! Has there been something in particular that you feel has helped you the most?

Hi. Welcome back! Yes, I remember you too from the forum although have not met you in person. I am so pleased to hear you are doing so well both with your diabetes and your mental health. Many of us here struggle with that and it is tough at times, but really great to hear that you are on the up and have a living arrangement that is suiting you well and I am sure your more stable BG levels will also be helping your mental health too. Great to hear from you again and especially with such positive news!

Very pleased to meet you Gail. It takes some guts to acknowledge that you're dyslexic. Ignore anyone who comments on your spelling: they haven't had to struggle the way that you have. I'm so glad that you've found a living situation that works for you 🙂.
i didt find out till i was in my 30s and doing my degree

Hi Gail and welcome back!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I know changing living arrangements can be very challenging so it's nice to hear that it has helped you! Has there been something in particular that you feel has helped you the most?
a good CPN and sw has helped the most

Welcome back @gail2 .
So good to read how well you are doing.

Welcome back. 🙂 Why did you have a break? Were you badly? Residential living sounds just the ticket, what exactly does it entail? I'm thinking of it for myself. It might save me leaving the loo light on all night especially if I've been reading ghosties. :D

Lovely to see you posting again @gail2

And it’s given me a real lift this morning to hear how well you are doing, and how you’ve been able to work through some of your challenges. <3

Would you like us to merge your old and new accounts so that all your old posts and threads come under your new username?

Lovely to see you posting again @gail2

And it’s given me a real lift this morning to hear how well you are doing, and how you’ve been able to work through some of your challenges. <3

Would you like us to merge your old and new accounts so that all your old posts and threads come under your new username?
yes please if possible

Welcome back. 🙂 Why did you have a break? Were you badly? Residential living sounds just the ticket, what exactly does it entail? I'm thinking of it for myself. It might save me leaving the loo light on all night especially if I've been reading ghosties. :D
my mental healthgot a lot worse i lost my laptop just didt get round to getting online again as for residentail living u have to have a clear pysical or mental health need.Its not an easy opsion there has to be a need its not cheep most people have to pay towards there care im lucky in one way as because im on a 117[aftercare of being detaned under the mental health for 6 months]

It's brilliant that you were doing a degree with dyslexia :party:
did a fresh start course first {3 GCSES} Then a Access course then my degree It was in my Access course that it was discovered i was dyslexic Suddy it all made sense. It was given a 20% allowence on each assighment you attached a sheet saying that where the meaning was clear the marker had the 20% allowence

did a fresh start course first {3 GCSES} Then a Access course then my degree It was in my Access course that it was discovered i was dyslexic Suddy it all made sense. It was given a 20% allowence on each assighment you attached a sheet saying that where the meaning was clear the marker had the 20% allowence
I'm always incredibly impressed by people like you who've overcome significant disadvantages to succeed academically. I used to think (arrogantly) that whatever success I had academically was down to my hard work - until I realised that actually it was more the result of the multiple privileges that I was lucky enough to be born with.

Back