OK, so now I'm really confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
As you no doubt recall, I've been whinging for weeks because my numbers have been all over the place, it's been a roller coaster ride with my BGs ranging from 1.7 to 18.4 with no real respite and no stops in the middle range. That is, until the last two days when I haven't been below 5 or over. I'm not doing anything different, eating anything different or taking the drugs at different times or in different doses, but suddenly it's all evened out. I'm not complaining you understand, I'm just completely baffled.

One of the things that I find hardest to cope with about this disease is that there's often no rhyme or reason why things happen, they just do. It makes it impossible for me to imagine ever being what the doctors so optimistically call 'under control'. How can I be under control when I haven't the foggiest idea what's happening and why?

its one of the mystery of this condition...just to keep us on our toes !

Tell me about it, early this week I had 2 nights in a row of hitting 12 before bed, so I discussed upping my dinner ratio to bring it down a bit, starting the next day. Then that day I went hypo at 9:30 - all meals carb counted. Not sure what to do with the ration now.

It drives me nuts.

This thing gets to all of us one way and another. I hope you get things sorted soon. Some folks find keeping a diary helps as it can help spot patterns or trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back