Ok! Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
I need to let this out somewhere! Brother 8n law has a dog with diabetes in the US. Vet had decided that using a libre on it would be a good idea. Ok fine with that , should be interesting but then he has the gall to say that my dB should be easy for me to look after. It is for his dog he says! He won't understand all the external factors etc that make the differance . Probably mine would be easy if I eat exactly the same thing, same amount and did exactly the same excersise, same weather etc day in day out. I've been doing this since 2012, he's been doing it with his dog for a month or so! God I'm fuming!

A Libre on a dog! Oh my giddy aunt! Whatever next, and how long will that last? As for your cheeky beggar of a BIL, tell him to woof off! Or you could maybe try a tin of Pedigree Chum for your dinner tonight after you’ve had a walk around the block. 😉

A Libre on a dog! Oh my giddy aunt! Whatever next, and how long will that last? As for your cheeky beggar of a BIL, tell him to woof off! Or you could maybe try a tin of Pedigree Chum for your dinner tonight after you’ve had a walk around the block. 😉
@eggyg turns out it didn't last long. I mean what??? Compression lows every time it goes to sleep, lost signal alarms every time it runs round their huge garden!

Thanks for making me larf!!

@eggyg turns out it didn't last long. I mean what??? Compression lows every time it goes to sleep, lost signal alarms every time it runs round their huge garden!

Thanks for making me larf!!
Well it’s pretty funny. Only in the good old US of A! :rofl:

I shouldn't laugh but I have visions of chasing a dog about with a reader shouting at it to come back to check the doggos bloods

My daughter has found stuff on the internet about a cat wearing a Libre and a koala in a zoo with a Dexcom!

This is not the first time I have heard of a dog wearing a Libre. I believe the owner attached a Miaomiao so there was no need for scanning. She had to shave off so fur to attach it and then use lots of tape to keep it in place but it worked ok for her and it wasn't a one off.

I know a guy in England that's vet suggested a Libre for his dog and it lasted on it xx

Hmmmm... well... I...

Hmmm...

I think I’ll pass! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1644787374077.jpeg

I need to let this out somewhere! Brother 8n law has a dog with diabetes in the US. Vet had decided that using a libre on it would be a good idea. Ok fine with that , should be interesting but then he has the gall to say that my dB should be easy for me to look after. It is for his dog he says! He won't understand all the external factors etc that make the differance . Probably mine would be easy if I eat exactly the same thing, same amount and did exactly the same excersise, same weather etc day in day out. I've been doing this since 2012, he's been doing it with his dog for a month or so! God I'm fuming!
OMG That is hilarious...

When I was diagnosed, Charlie at work told me his dog used the same insulin as me. But he imagined nobody had to chase me round the lawn every morning to catch enough wee in a saucer to test .... I just said Aaah, she's a bitch then! and laughed.

When I was diagnosed, Charlie at work told me his dog used the same insulin as me. But he imagined nobody had to chase me round the lawn every morning to catch enough wee in a saucer to test .... I just said Aaah, she's a bitch then! and laughed.
I looked after my sister-in -laws diabetic dog for 2 weeks and it was very stressful, I had to do exactly that and adjust the insulin if necessary. The problem was she didn't always eat her food so went hypo and I had to shove honey or sugar down her throat. Classic symptoms, staggering about and confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back