ok...one weird question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyper-Suze

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Bear with me on this one, I have noticed the recent few months that whenever I eat anything, whether it is a roast, salad, Thai curry, packet of crisps even that I am getting hot and a forehead sweat? Bizarre I know! I mentioned to my friend who then told me that her dad is a type 1 diabetic and has the same happen and that he's been told its associated with our illness? Is she pulling my leg(she does have a strange sense of humour!) or has anyone else heard this or happens to them? It is too crazy and petty for me to go to doc with....thought I'd test my revelation on here first!!!!!
Thanks guys and gals...the weird forehead sweater!!!lol!

Bear with me on this one, I have noticed the recent few months that whenever I eat anything, whether it is a roast, salad, Thai curry, packet of crisps even that I am getting hot and a forehead sweat? Bizarre I know! I mentioned to my friend who then told me that her dad is a type 1 diabetic and has the same happen and that he's been told its associated with our illness? Is she pulling my leg(she does have a strange sense of humour!) or has anyone else heard this or happens to them? It is too crazy and petty for me to go to doc with....thought I'd test my revelation on here first!!!!!
Thanks guys and gals...the weird forehead sweater!!!lol!

I got this a lot when I was in hospital shortly after diagnosis- I would REALLY burn up. I'm guessing it was due to my frail state and probably the food was spiking high - the nurses didn't seem too interested in what I was eating or its effect surprisingly! I haven't really had it since, except when I've eaten something that spikes high so that's what I associate it with. Have you checked your levels when it happens?

No I haven't checked them actually but may be interesting to try now! Although I am usually high in the evening anyway so it may rightly relate to what your saying! I may ask my dsn rather than going to my go who's useless! Thanks for the suggestion!

I get the same hot feeling whenever my BS go high, but usually when i'm 17 or over.

Super duper, thanks and now I don't feel as crazy will ask my dsn for more info! So strange tho! I never put 2 and 2 together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back