ok next step...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emzi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
well after doing some delightful 3am and 5am tests this week 🙄 and getting enough reading to think im not hypoing overnight, i think its time i took the next step and adjust my insulin in some way...

im struggling to decide whether or not i need to up my evening meal dose from a 2:1 ratio to a 2.5:1 ratio of novo and see if i can bring my bloods down before bed but saying that i went to bed last night on a 7.0 and still woke up on an 11.2 so think my 15 levemir should increase to 17 :confused:

im leaning more towards levemir first based on last nights and this mornings result..... any ideas 🙂

ps. thanks for everyones help atm, i know im posting alot of questions but your all really helpful and id be totally stuck with ya :D

I would be looking at the levemir too. It might even help to split the dose so that you are taking a higher proportion before bed and the remainder in the morning - this seems to work well for a lot of people. First of all though, I'd try what you are suggesting, although I'd be inclined to increase to 16 first, see the effect, then go for the 17 if it still looks as though it needs it.

Great news that you are not hypoing during the night - it's worth the testing for that peace of mind 🙂

I split my levemir last week i was on 30 at night but now i take 15 units before i go to bed round 10pm and 15 when i wake up round 7.30am. 🙂

I split my levemir last week i was on 30 at night but now i take 15 units before i go to bed round 10pm and 15 when i wake up round 7.30am. 🙂

Sorry Em, hadn't realised that! An increase does look appropriate then to try and combat the rising overnight levels 🙂 Watch out though that you daytime levels don't start falling too low!

Hi Emzi sounds like your doing well to me.
I would adjust the levemir first test before bed and then in the morning, bare in mind how close to bed your evening meal is and if there is any active bolus insulin in you at night Don't forget that it may take a few days for the new dose of levemir to be affective.

Just my thoughts on what I have been told!

Take care

Rossi 🙂

PS Keep asking questions we all learn that way!

Going to bed on 7 and waking at 11.2 would indicate that your evening levemir needs increasing, the extra 2 units should be enough but maybe worthwhile setting your alarm for 2-3am to do a blood glucose test.

I'd agree to start with the Levemir and give it a few days to get some evening/morning tests with a variety of meals eaten.

I've also heard many times that it's wise to only ever change one thing at a time to that you can be more sure that any difference you see stems from that.

Well that's the theory anyway 🙄

I'd agree to start with the Levemir and give it a few days to get some evening/morning tests with a variety of meals eaten.

I've also heard many times that it's wise to only ever change one thing at a time to that you can be more sure that any difference you see stems from that.

Well that's the theory anyway 🙄

Yep ive heard that too 🙂 so ill try with the levemir for a few days and see what happens and take it from there, its nice when people confirm what you've already been thinking and maybe i aint too clueless after all 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back