Ohhh Yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
4.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

shame its before bed but still haha yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol love your posts lou , thats going send me to bed happy now knowing you read 4.1 well done hun xx

lol! same as me! *high five*

im munching toast because of it though *sigh*

haha glad I could make you smile hehe xx I love my posts too - well most of them.... the ones like this anyway..

4.1 and no hypo symptoms!!! even better!!!

lol! same as me! *high five*

im munching toast because of it though *sigh*

*high fives back* GO US!!!

(oh hubby2b could I have toast and marmite please because you love me sooooooooooooooooooooooooo so much)

*high fives back* GO US!!!

(oh hubby2b could I have toast and marmite please because you love me sooooooooooooooooooooooooo so much)

I HAVE MARMITE ON TOAST!

well i did, its gone now along with 2u novorapid :D

Great number Louise. I have my fingers crossed you don't go down and that you stay in the 5 or 6's.

Do you feel a bit better at the moment as your levels have come down considerably overall most of the time?

Ah ha whoops, hope you are ok now.

Jessica has been hypo on and off since about 5.30 pm today, about 4 hypos and so lots of lucozade and coke and 0% temp basals so expecting sky high later.

🙂

Can i suggest you don't over-compensate too much. 2.9 isn't that bad. Perhaps about 20g of slow carb and just a little lucozade?
Hope it goes well.🙂

Sorry rawtalent, have to disagree there. 2.9 is not a good hypo. 3.5 is not a bad hypo but down in the 2's is not good. This is especially because these machines are not brilliant down that low so in actual fact Louise could really be 2.0 or possibly even 3.5, it could be either way. For a hypo at 2.9 about 15 cho of quick acting should be taken then once gone up over 4.0 then eat about 15 cho long acting.

I know lots of people do hypo treatment different and I'm trying to (trying to think of the saying something like 'not teaching granny to suck eggs')........ so please don't take offence.

2.9 is not an ok hypo. I have seen doctors run very very fast to deal with a child who is 2.6 which is their cut off between dangerous and very dangerous and 2.9 is only .4 about that.

No offence meant or taken.
I was more concerned about the spike after treatment really. I've found over the years it's so easy to over - do it when you go a bit hypo and end up in a vicious circle of lows and highs etc.. But you're absolutely right, we are all different and the right treatment can depend so much on the individual and other factors beforehand.
I find these days i get little warning above 2.0 but when i was much younger i'd have a 'hypo' at anything below 5.0🙂

Last edited:
You are right, you can overload, I've done it too. Infact have just done that with my daughter who is now 13.7 but I couldn't help that. On a pump you have no long acting and Jessica wouldn't come up at all. It has taken a good 2 hours to get her to 5.2 then in the last hour she has sky rocketed, which I was expecting, but again on a pump that is easy to deal with.

I only replied as I didn't want newly diagnosed people thinking 2.9 was not urgent to deal with, thats all.

Anyway Louise can't post for some reason and she is 7.4 now so ok.

🙂

Thanks. Glad to hear all o.k. I don't know much about pumps; learning a bit here though, about lots of things. Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back