oh stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok, so we all know my current situation online...

and the stress is playing utter havok with my levels

for the past week I've been waking up on levels of 11 plus...and its starting to buy me and make me feel ill.

But then, I spend the rest of the day hypo. And swinging too. And this is with carb counting. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

It's very obviously stress.

Stress is a pain (as is your nemesis😡) What can happen is that the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline cause your liver to release some ots stores of glycogen as glucose into the blood which obviously raises levels. But then, the liver needs to restock and therefore leeches more glucose OUT of your blood later on, so you drop low.

All I can suggest is that you try and find something else to focus on - any projects in the pipeline? Try not to let this dominate your thoughts - I know that is easy to say but not easy to do.

I hope the whole thing gets sorted for you soon and you feel better.

Stress is a pain (as is your nemesis😡) What can happen is that the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline cause your liver to release some ots stores of glycogen as glucose into the blood which obviously raises levels. But then, the liver needs to restock and therefore leeches more glucose OUT of your blood later on, so you drop low.

All I can suggest is that you try and find something else to focus on - any projects in the pipeline? Try not to let this dominate your thoughts - I know that is easy to say but not easy to do.

its SUCH a pain 😡

well, I have an interview on thursday in winchester, and I suppose I could start putting my thoughts into my pump case too. As for archaeology...nothing on the horizon as of yet :(

its SUCH a pain 😡

well, I have an interview on thursday in winchester, and I suppose I could start putting my thoughts into my pump case too. As for archaeology...nothing on the horizon as of yet :(

Oh, good luck with the interview! Did Wessex get back to you at all? (sorry if I missed it). Yeah! Pumping! Get your airtight case together! 🙂

Oh, good luck with the interview! Did Wessex get back to you at all? (sorry if I missed it). Yeah! Pumping! Get your airtight case together! 🙂

no :( wessex are useless it seems because i don't want to go and work on the m25 project and have to pay for my own accomodation there :(

Can't believe she's still harassing you. I haven't noticed stress affect me in this way yet although when I was pregnant I was constantly stressed but I had lots of hormones affecting my blood sugars too at the time! so can't really suggest anything.

Having something else to focus your mind on will definately help, although if your anything like me I stress about interviews so that wouldn't be good to think about either. Good luck with your interview anyway and I hope stalker person goes away soon x

If you have some other distraction and keep away from things for a while the other stress MIGHT (she says optimistically) take the hint and stop the harassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back