oh nursey, you do make me despair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had a letter through from the fabulously incontactable B-Dec today offering me a CGM fitting.

HURAAH! About time.

Except...

I said to nursey that I need AT LEAST 2 weeks notice to be able to get around work. When's the appointment?

Tuesday 16th, 9am.

I'm not best pleased. I have no idea what to do about work because I can't really miss this appointment. I guess it's gonna be take the letter to work and beg my manager for a morning off (paid of course).

I dunno, what do you guys think?

We have discussed this one facebook, but my vote is to ring and get them to rearrange the appointment. It's not difficult for them to do and yeah...just rearrange.

Sam, it doesnt take long (couple of minutes) to fit a sensor so perhaps you could just go into work afterwards.🙂Bev

Sam, it doesnt take long (couple of minutes) to fit a sensor so perhaps you could just go into work afterwards.🙂Bev

bev, its all the way in bournemouth. Half hour there, plus 20mins by bus to the hosp and the same to get back :/ if lucky I'll be back by 1 depending on trains. But it all depends on how lenient work want to be with it :/

Hi Sam good news about the CGM

As to work they can't stop you going, they can whing as much as they like it's a hospital appointment... The only say they have about it is, whether they will pay you, make you take it as holiday or not pay you... If the latter you could always offer to make your time up by either working a day off, going in early/staying on late on a couple of your shifts etc..

But the main thing is that the CGM should help resolve some of your problems

Sam - I would have a quite word with your manager - its not as if you are going to be asking for time off every 5 mins. The rule where I used to work was that you had to give as much notice as the time you wanted off - so half a day off would need half a days notice.

If you cant make it then you need to reschedule asap, then someone else can be allocated that appointment.

You are allowed time off for medical appointments, and this is somethning necessary for you. Since you try to avoid un necessary time off work, take the letter in and show your manager. Any reasonable manager would be happy with it, and your health is important.

done, appointment and travelling time authorised. So technically I get a half day on 16th for a whole day :D

really glad that this is sorted for you hun 🙂 you work so hard xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back