Oh help lol I appear to be stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well after losing 5st in the last 6 months I appear to have found the holy grail of maintenance only problem being that I want another 2 stone off first question is what to do about it now - to lose the 5st I did 800 cals for 12 weeks then increased to 1500 my bloods were 89 at diagnosis then after 12 weeks of 800 cals 45 and last week after 6 months 38. I’m 5ft 7 and now a size 12-14 but I’m 13st 10lb I need to lose another 2 stone just to get to the top end of the nhs recommended bmi weight. Gp doesn’t agree with me he thinks I’m one of the people that doesn’t fit the bmi chart ‍♀️ And he’s concerned I’m going to far. That’s one I’ve not heard before but my diabetic nurse says if I want that last 2st off then go for it. Sooooo the question is what should I do? Do I go down to 800 cals again to get the last 2 st off or do I up the exercise or do I go in the middle and go down to 1200 cals and keep the exercise the same? I do 3 4mile brisk walks and a couple of Zumba sessions per week.

What’s your body composition like re fat? That’s a better indicator of what’s going on inside that BMI I’d think.

I was on maintenance for a long time but as winter drew in I was only doing 10k steps per day instead of the 15k+ in summer and autumn. As I'm only 5' and just over 8st, I realised that I actually need to do about 14k just to maintain 1600 cals per day. I've had to go back to my 1200 cal per day regime to drop the extra few pounds put on over winter. Could you do a combination of extra exercise and 12 or 1300 cals? Sorry, I don't know about body composition! I do know that after losing a lot of weight there is a plateau, maybe you are experiencing this?

Oh I have no clue? How would I find that out
You can buy body composition scales online or on the high street. Some are obviously better than others but at least it’ll give you an idea of what’s going on inside.

You can buy body composition scales online or on the high street. Some are obviously better than others but at least it’ll give you an idea of what’s going on inside.
Oh dear I’m not sure if that will send me into more of a frenzy I was hoping things will be a lot better than they were with my hba1c down to 38 and being 5st smaller but you’re right I might have high levels of fat still

I was going to suggest going more by waist measurement than BMI - my GP told me I was overweight when I had a 24 inch waist and could swing by my arms - I was muscular, I used to roadie for a folk duo. My BMI was in the overweight range - but I could deadlift a drunken guitarist off the pavement, no problem.

Well done on the weight loss. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back