oh. god. BURNING QUESTION. pick me pick me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
oh. god. question re injection times. pick me pick me lol

as you know, I am off to the bournemouth bic on weeeeedddnnneesssdddaaayyyy to see the greatest bands on the planet - 30 seconds to mars and lostalone.

buuuuuuuut, the bands will be on around 9pm (or will they...maybe it will be support i dunno...) buuuuut being on this new levemirwatsit, what do i do about taking it - i'd be asking the same with my lantus...when i went to the snooker it was finished by 9 so I could take it as normal...but I don't really fancy having to slope off to the toilets to take it...i bet they'll end up proper manky with thousands of people using them...

could I take it in my tummy just for 1 night? That way I can do it in the quiet of my seat. Or shall I go to the loo and then tha gives me a chance to go to the merch stand? lol

i feel silly asking but have never had to do this before...before if i used to go anywhere i'd just wait to take my lantus til whatever time i went to bed...

Last edited:
can't answer your question, but please don't fill silly for asking. If you need to know, you need to know. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help...

I have my levemir in my stomach all the time, have you been told not to do this?

Hi
As Rachel I take my lunch and dinner Levimir into my stomach every day, so unless you have been told not to i wouldn't see a problem. It's ideal even in Restaurants as you don't need to leave the table. Enjoy the gig.

I started taking my levimar in stomach, but now i have gone to taking it into my bum, as my stomach started to get a bit sore, i leave my stomach and legs for nova rapid.

For one night I don't think using your stomach will be a problem. It is generally suggested that basal insulins go either in the thighs or the buttocks. I have occasionally used my stomach with no issues. Hope you have a good time.

I had never heard this - I am off to the clinic this afternoon, I will try and remember to ask them about it.

For one night I don't think using your stomach will be a problem. It is generally suggested that basal insulins go either in the thighs or the buttocks. I have occasionally used my stomach with no issues. Hope you have a good time.

I've never heard that before - I always inject my lantus in my tummy, doesn't seem to have ever been a problem for me. Is it because it gets absorbed quicker in the tummy?

My dsn suggested the levimer in my thighs or buttocks to

Yeah thats the reasoning. It isn't an absolute though because if it was then it would be in the manufacturers instructions, in the patient leaflet, which it isn't. If you've had no problems, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I started taking my levimar in stomach, but now i have gone to taking it into my bum, as my stomach started to get a bit sore, i leave my stomach and legs for nova rapid.

Hi there, I do exactly as Scotty does, levemir into bum and novorapid into tummy and legs. If you've got a seat then it shouldn't pose too much of a problem and as you say you could peruse the merchandise whilst taking a break.
Enjoy the gig
Jackie x

I am SO jealous 30 seconds to mars is like one of my favourite bands! Sorry don't have any advice about the levimir because I don't use it just wanted to say have a great night 😉

Emma x

Hi - I was at the clinic yesterday and asked about having levemir injections in your stomach, I was told there was no problem with this at all.

I am SO jealous 30 seconds to mars is like one of my favourite bands! Sorry don't have any advice about the levimir because I don't use it just wanted to say have a great night 😉

Emma x

:D brilliant aren't they? I know the support band (lostalone) so have managed to get a hold of guestlist tickets which is even better. Not sure if they can get me in backstage but we shall see - if I manage to bump into any of them then I'll be cheeky and ask 😉 don't fancy asking via email ha!

I'd do it in your stomach. It's not bad once in a while but I wouldn't suggest that you did that on a regular basis.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back