Oh for goodness sake!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Just had a call from Dr Idiot who has slipped back to her old ways. It's likely to be a while before I get to see the consultant so she wants me to keep taking the Gliclazide and the Sitagliptin in the meantime and called to say there's a prescription ready for me. I mentioned the hypos and she said "but Gliclazide doesn't cause hypos". 😱 I told her to read the leaflet that comes in the box with the pills, or failing that, her drugs alamanac. She can even read the Wiki page and they all say the same thing. I asked if she'd like to see my spreadsheet from the last time I was on the stuff.

STUPID WOMAN!

I can't wait till my regular doctor gets back.

Ack! Doesn't give you much confidence, does it? Sorry you are having to educate the 'professionals' - they should at least know how the drugs they are asking you to take work, no excuse in my book for not knowing.

I think we should institute a Darwin Awards for the most egregious examples of medical ignorance and/or idiocy.

I once had a GP that told me I should aim to achieve an HBA1C of 3.5!!!!! 😱

I wonder if they could start you on a lower dose than you were on that caused the hypos. Sounds like she needs a bit of a diabetes update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back