oh for goodness sake - high waking BGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I thought a lay in would be nice this morning. 11.30am isn't really that bad if I'm honest. But ten minutes ago, when I tested for my breakfast i was...

:(

Now then, I did not hypo in the night. I had Matt wake me up to do a test and it was sitting pretty at 7.something. Nor do I have any symptoms of a night hypo - the dreaded hangover.

What I do have however, is finger tips that are tingling like MAD. I've had this before but only when its been cold. And its BOTH hands :confused: and I don't like it. All I can think of is that its because my sugars are higher than they have been in a while. I've also been wondering recently - when I was diagnosed up until literally a few months ago i was NEVER told I had to test on the sides of my fingers, I was always told that the pads were where it was at. Now I've found out for the past 14 years, its been wrong, a lot like my sodding care 😡

Anyway, high bloods. Like I say, no night hypo. And I have trace ketones and am feeling rather out of sorts. Why is this happening? All I can think is that its DP or glucose dump (but aren't they one and the same?). And its REALLY p***** me off.

Whatever, I can't bring myself to eat breakfast now anyway...

awww hun that sucks x my waking level were high all last week for some ungodly reason so I know how you feel xxx

sorry to hear that sam. are you waking up high most days or just today? i've got a feeling i've read somewhere about people waking up higher if they sleep in for longer.

edit: sam have you read the thread 'type 2 to pill or not to pill'? it says that DP is the liver dumping when you haven't eaten for a while. do you think that could be the case?

Last edited:
I dunno what to say Sam. I only know if I don't eat breakfast before 8 am my mid morning BG is too high for my liking.

More ammunition for a CGM and pump therapy?

Hope you feel better soon Sam.

Sam

I have this problem, the only solution I have found is to get your OH to bring you breadkfast in bed at about 8:30, 9:00 and then stay in bed. 🙂

Seriously though it is REALLY annoying. I know have an alarm set at 6am every morning so I can give myself a booster of a unit or two of humalog to stop my levels rising in the mornings.

I think the only reason for testing of the sides of your fingers is because the pads are more sensitive and you use them more, I dont think it will affect the readings you get.

Big hug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back