Oh dear good and bad news..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Jones

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good news that BP is doing fine, it had a blip a couple of months ago a bit above what my DSN normally likes, so been monitoring it every month since and it?s nicely placed now but...

But my kidneys are starting to kick out a lot more microalbuminuria which isn?t good and quite frightening when my DSN told me my last test results, so having another test done to see if any changes in the last 3 months since my last one!

Dependant on this result will determine whether introduce a Ace inhibitor might be pro-active, problem being the last time they tried this it dropped my BP lower than I could cope with, as it caused dizzy spells so had to stop taking them!

So back in a month another BP check, results from my microalbumuria to see if another go with BP tabs and she?s going to do my bloods for consultant clinic while I?m there, a bit early but just within reasonably time scale, so fingers crossed that nothing goes belly up with control in the next month...

Good news about your BP. Sorry to hear your having problems with kidneys, is this due to past control or is this something that would/could happen as a matter of course?🙂Bev

hope all goes well for your next tests. You have great control, can your kidney function improve?

My kidneys started to show signs of protest before I went on the pump, part of the reason for battling for it, as it wasn't looking good at the time as due to a sensitivity to insulin it was very difficult really impossible to maintain control stable control, the pump had reversed a lot of the problems that I had at the time...

the protien albumin in urine for women is 3.5mg/mmol my last test was 14. something!! And second raised one in the row!!

Not really sure what to make of this part of it isn't that good, have to wait to see my next sample comes back..

Never know they might call for an 24 hour kidney fuction test which they've done before!

On the BP side it's being helped I think by that fact since sunday night I've been managing undisruptive sleep for the first time in the best part of 2 years😱

Hi Ellie, sorry to hear about the kidney problems, I know it can be very unsettling until you get the full picture - hope it is just a blip or easily treatable for you. 🙂

Wasn't the news that I wanted to hear must admit...

Tracy yes it's possible to improve kidney function but of cause it depends on the level of damage this will effect how much improvement can be made...

Not looking forward to going back onto BP tabs after my last experience with them, took a lot to convince that they were dropping me too low they even changed me onto the more expensive ones...

I suffer from white coat syndrom even between clinics, my surgery BP is always lower than what the hospital reads...

Just feeling a little aprehensive about it all at the moment..

Sorry to read about your kidney problems Ellie, I hope that things improve for you asap. As if type 1 wasn't bad enough on its own.
Please excuse my ignorance, but, what's "white coat syndrome?"

Sorry to hear about this Ellie. Hope your next set of tests show an improvement and that they don't suggest those tricky BP meds.

Sorry to read about your kidney problems Ellie, I hope that things improve for you asap. As if type 1 wasn't bad enough on its own.
Please excuse my ignorance, but, what's "white coat syndrome?"

That's when your BP goes higher than normal due to the anxiety of knowing that you're being tested! 😱

That's when your BP goes higher than normal due to the anxiety of knowing that you're being tested! 😱

Thanks Northie!

The only time I get that is when I feel as though I am running late or a little rushed, otherwise, being tested makes no difference to me thank goodness.

Last edited:
Wasn't the news that I wanted to hear must admit...

Tracy yes it's possible to improve kidney function but of cause it depends on the level of damage this will effect how much improvement can be made...

Not looking forward to going back onto BP tabs after my last experience with them, took a lot to convince that they were dropping me too low they even changed me onto the more expensive ones...

I suffer from white coat syndrom even between clinics, my surgery BP is always lower than what the hospital reads...

Just feeling a little aprehensive about it all at the moment..

I suffer from white coat syndrome, but never feel stressed in myself having bp done it just shoots up. So much so i had a 24hr ambulatory test done. Not great but so worth it, showed my bp was normal. I always test my bp now and take results to clinic as its always so much higher when they do it. they are happy that my reslults are ok. Maybe you could request one of these and you would get true picture of your bp?

Am sure you are worried but hope your next test is more positive and with your great control hope some damage has been repaired. Its so unfair isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back