Oh boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Was in M and S yesterday and decided to treat myself to some sugar free butterscoth sweets (they were at the till and just jumped out at me). I scoffed the whole packet (not very big only 42g) and well just lets say at 1.30am I had a rude awakening 😱 😱 😱

Wont be doing that again in a hurry!!! On the plus side I tested my BG when I got up at it is down to 5.8 🙂

oooOOoO Caz tell me about it i have fallen for the sugar free thing before and regretted it bigggg time shant be something it again in a hurry either , glad your BG back down to 5.8 , lesson learnt i guess x

oooOOoO Caz tell me about it i have fallen for the sugar free thing before and regretted it bigggg time shant be something it again in a hurry either , glad your BG back down to 5.8 , lesson learnt i guess x

Thanks Steff, lesson well and truely learnt!! I knew sugar free had a laxitive effect but it was only about 10 sweets and didnt realise how much they would affect me... 😱 Will be staying well clear of them in the future.

I like the M&S sugar free butterscotch and the orange & lemon ones. They caught me out first time too...

I've had some eldeberry and cranberry sugar-free sweets, nice but expensive! I have noticed tho' that that many 'low sugar' or sugar free items (such as baked beans) actually have higher overall carbohydrate levels than the 'normal' variety, so its worth checking the labels. Hope all is well now cazscot!

I've had some eldeberry and cranberry sugar-free sweets, nice but expensive! I have noticed tho' that that many 'low sugar' or sugar free items (such as baked beans) actually have higher overall carbohydrate levels than the 'normal' variety, so its worth checking the labels. Hope all is well now cazscot!

Thanks runner I didnt realise that - will need to read the labels properly in future and yep feeling much better, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back