Off the tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just back from my annual review. I AM NOW DIET AND EXERCISE CONTROLED ONLY :D

Weight loss good, blood pressure 115/72, cholesterol 3.7 and HbA1c 5.4. Nurse was really encouraging and said I have tackled this full on and sould be praised for my enthusiasm 😱.

She is so pleased with me that when I asked if I could come off the tablets she said yes! So I am "diet and exercise controlled only", the compramise is that she wants me still to take the simvistatin and I am still not allowed more that 1 box of test strips per month (but I can live with that at the moment).

So I have to go back and see her at the end of February and we will take it from there. I do realise my HbA1c will rise once I come of the tablets but I just want the opportunity to try D & E (I was put straight on tablets at diagnosis).

Brilliant Carol!!!! 🙂 Do you still get free prescriptions as you are getting the strips? You are fantastic! :D

Brilliant news Caz!!! :D:D

xx

Carole that is super news well done hun a big congrats xx

You have put a lot of hard work into this - so well done.🙂Bev

That is brilliant. Life is so much easier without pills to worry about!

well done thats great news

yay, well done you! that's fabulous news Carol.

I'll be in touch nest week to discuss the London meet, and when we can meet up, hopefully before Christmas

That excellent news a big well done

Brilliant Carol!!!! 🙂 Do you still get free prescriptions as you are getting the strips? You are fantastic! :D

Oh never thought about that :confused:... I hope so and I am still on the simvistatin... I am at docs on Tuesday so will ask then.

yay, well done you! that's fabulous news Carol.

I'll be in touch nest week to discuss the London meet, and when we can meet up, hopefully before Christmas

Oh yes, Hazel can't wait for all the gossip 😉. I have the DESMOND course on Tuesday, 30th so maybe meet up after that for a chat as I now you were interested in knowing about it 🙂.

Thanks everyone, going to have a Chinese tonight to celebrate (sweet and sour chicken) 😱 😱. Might as well enjoy it while I can as I know Chinese is notorious for raising bg levels...

Carol that is brilliant you must be so pleased xxx

Thats brilliant carol ,Well done 🙂🙂🙂

Yeah Carol, thats fantastic. What a great hba1c!!!
I know you will do all you can to keep it down!
I don't blame you for having the chinese - you have come so far!!!

Well done Carol, i'm very pleased for you. Keep up the good work.

Well done to you, that is an excellent result!

I think the exemption card for prescription charges last for 5 years, so at least until that expires you should still be exempt from charges. Perhaps you will still be entitled to renew it when it expires as you are still taking one drug?

Well done to you, that is an excellent result!

I think the exemption card for prescription charges last for 5 years, so at least until that expires you should still be exempt from charges. Perhaps you will still be entitled to renew it when it expires as you are still taking one drug?

I don't think that simvastatin counts as it's not primarily a diabetes drug, but the strips ought to count. I doubt you can still use the exemption card if you're no longer being prescribed qualifying items though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back