Off Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duane Charles

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Feeling extremely low and lacking the energy and motivation to do anything. Feel like I could sleep for eternity. My BG was 10.7 on waking and 2 hours after eating went up to 13.8. Only had a bowel of microwave porridge and a cup of black coffee

Sorry to hear you’re feeling low @Duane62 Be kind to yourself today. If you can, go out for a walk. Fresh air and daylight can help lift your mood and actually raise your energy a bit too.

Sorry to hear you’re feeling low @Duane62 Be kind to yourself today. If you can, go out for a walk. Fresh air and daylight can help lift your mood and actually raise your energy a bit too.
Today is supposed to be a day off from work, I’ve been called in because of sickness. Really don’t want to but need the money. I’ve also got to pop out for a couple of things, so that might help.

My levels would be a lot higher than that if I ate porridge. I know it has a reputation for being slow release (and "healthy" but my digestive system didn't get that memo and it is like rocket fuel. If it is one of those sachets of porridge mix they are quite highly processed so release glucose more easily.
Hope you feel better soon. A walk will also help to lower your BG.

Today's first meal was bacon and eggs and mushrooms. I avoid grain as it is never going to end well for me.

For me, full fat Greek yogurt, mixed berries and about 15g All Bran. That was at 9am and I am not hungry yet.
Tomorrow will be bacon, egg and mushrooms with 1 small slice toast.

Today is supposed to be a day off from work, I’ve been called in because of sickness. Really don’t want to but need the money. I’ve also got to pop out for a couple of things, so that might help.

Focus on the money. I’m doing extra at work at the moment and, shallow as it sounds, thinking about the money helps me through.

I like Inka's post! Frankly though it's great when you work somewhere you like with people you like - 99.9% of us only do it for the ££££ when push comes to shove. Remember one section head complaining about the girl I replaced, saying most months when the salary slips, Oh, that time already, I haven't touched last month's yet! - knowing full well that she and most of the rest of her section spent most of theirs on trivia - you know, like mortgages etc.

I like Inka's post! Frankly though it's great when you work somewhere you like with people you like - 99.9% of us only do it for the ££££ when push comes to shove. Remember one section head complaining about the girl I replaced, saying most months when the salary slips, Oh, that time already, I haven't touched last month's yet! - knowing full well that she and most of the rest of her section spent most of theirs on trivia - you know, like mortgages etc.
They obviously didn’t need to work then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back