Off day

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathy s

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I feel I've been doing well, since finding out end of may/ start of June that I was now diabetic ( was prediabetic) I've lost a stone and changed my diet a lot! I don't want too lose much more weight as I wasn't overweight to start, it's just happened with change in diet. Anyway to the point! My readings have Been coming down and I'm getting reading of 5.4- 6.8 regularly. Today I woke up with a 7.5 ( I tried a low carb wrap last night won't be doing that again!) I can't get it to go down though, I had a safe food for lunch, went for a walk and it now its the 8's. I'm tired which is usual but I'm also thirsty. Is it just time or is there anything I should do?

Sorry to hear your BGs have nudged up a little today @kathy s

Hopefully it will only be a short-lived blip, and start to come back to normal tomorrow.

Sorry to hear how tired and thirsty you have felt. I don’t find I get much in the way of thirst until my BG has been above 10 for a while, which it roughly the ‘renal threshold’ at which my kidneys try to wee out the excess glucose which leads to increased thirst - though I guess this level can vary from person to person.

Do you think you might be coming down with an illness? Are you experiencing any additional stress in your life at the moment? Sometimes it can be other things than tje food you‘ve eaten.

Hi @kathy s . I had something similar last week .... had something unusual, but not terrible, and woke to higher than usual BG. It stayed high all that day but was lower on waking the next day. I guessed that I just neede a bit longer than usual to clear it.

Hi @kathy s . I had something similar last week .... had something unusual, but not terrible, and woke to higher than usual BG. It stayed high all that day but was lower on waking the next day. I guessed that I just neede a bit longer than usual to clear it.
I hope that's what it is! I just want to be more stable, got my first 3 monthly check in 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear your BGs have nudged up a little today @kathy s

Hopefully it will only be a short-lived blip, and start to come back to normal tomorrow.

Sorry to hear how tired and thirsty you have felt. I don’t find I get much in the way of thirst until my BG has been above 10 for a while, which it roughly the ‘renal threshold’ at which my kidneys try to wee out the excess glucose which leads to increased thirst - though I guess this level can vary from person to person.

Do you think you might be coming down with an illness? Are you experiencing any additional stress in your life at the moment? Sometimes it can be other things than tje food you‘ve eaten.
Now you mention it I think I'm.worrying about returning to work! Got two weeks to go yet but I have the union phoning me tomorrow to discuss work related issues and my diagnosis. There is also a training day coming up and I was told that a request has been put in for " special dietary requirements" I'm worried it will be something I can't eat as I don't think.people know what we can eat and what we should avoid! I am a born worrier though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back