Oedema

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmeliaJ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I would appreciate advise about oedema: since a DKA end of February, which was my introduction to type 3c diabetes, I have experienced some oedema or fluid retention in my ankles and sometimes up to my knees. It is mild but never had this before. in addition I have puffy eyes,lids look a little heavier and puffy bags under my eyes - again this is persisting since started injecting insulin. I am otherwise very slim, active and fit, and well hydrated. I have not suddenly changed my diet and certainly do not consume excess of salt. A mystery and the GP was not at all able to suggest any reason either. I wonder if others have experienced this, and whether it is due to insulin or the condition. Is is likely to go away or will I have this permanently from now on ?

Hiya - sorry, not understanding how DKA can result in being Type 3c? I've been injecting insulin for 50 years and can assure you it hasn't caused me or any other T1 I know, oedema.

Hi @AmeliaJ Have you had things like a thyroid issue ruled out? I believe that can occasionally cause puffiness.

What insulins are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back