Odema? Swelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience of swelling in the feet and ankles?
I've ruled out blood clots, as it's in both legs.

I can feel it from my thighs, all the way down, it being especially bad in my ankles and feet.
I can press it, and leave a large indent, so it's an accumulation of water (I think..)

I just need to know how to get rid of it, as walking it becoming difficult.

Are you on any blood pressure medications as with myself I find they cause my legs and ankles to swell up?

Are you on any blood pressure medications as with myself I find they cause my legs and ankles to swell up?
I'm not, although for a week I've been taking one aspirin every morning?

As far as I know asprin does not cause a problem, but worth looking at the about this medication paper that comes with it to see what side effects asprin has.

You need to speak to your Doctor if it is difficult to walk.

Yes it's best to see your gp.

As soon as you can. If I had symptoms like that I'd be off like a shot to the docs. Can I ask why you've been taking an aspirin a day?

I always have it. Doesn't bother me until I get the elastic bands round the ankles feeling, that's nasty. I need to walk more. I take an aspirin a day too.

As soon as you can. If I had symptoms like that I'd be off like a shot to the docs. Can I ask why you've been taking an aspirin a day?
Unfortunately, I can't get to see her until thw 23rd August D:

And I take it becuase: "Daily aspirin therapy reduces risk of subsequent heart attacks in patients with a prior history of a heart attack, coronary artery disease (like atherosclerosis), or risk factors for developing coronary artery disease."

Apparently diabetes increases the risk of heart disease, so I'm trying to protect myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back