Oberthibking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So since diago7ugus I tend to over think evey slight feeling I get at the moment since every pain and feeling I get, thinking what if it actually means something(because after all when it turned out to be serious before)

Well the only person who can stop any of us overthinking anything, is ourself! - so help yourself Ray, decide to stop doing it and stick to that.

Well the only person who can stop any of us overthinking anything, is ourself! - so help yourself Ray, decide to stop doing it and stick to that.
Unfortunately it's not quite as simple as deciding to stop doing it and then it doesn't happen (well not when you have a oth anyway)

I think this is quite natural and quite common @rayray119

You have suddenly been put into a position where the natural assumption that your body is generally going to be ‘well’ has been blown apart, and now you know you have to do some of the work that always used to happen automatically, without thinking. And part of that management process means you have to be aware of sensations and feelings in case they indicate risk or things not being quite right.

Hardly surprising that you sometimes catch yourself thinking “What’s that sensation? What does it mean??”.

This will subside over time, as you become more used to living with your T1.

I know this because when I switched from injections to an insulin pump, my 20-odd years of MDI experience suddenly didn’t apply any more, and I suddenly had all that uncertainty and hypersensitivity again for a while.

But it has settled again since. 🙂

Okay I'm dififinty finding myself not being sure what's over thinking and what's not because as you may know I'm been I'll for a while. But things I keep feeling aimilar to days leading up to my diagnosis ive been in and our to doctors and a and e with it,(I'm fully aware I may just be something else that has similar symtoms) I've been checking for keytones alot over the past few days just because I am so ill. They got up to 1 I got them down with insullin. the other night just now for 0.6(which is I know isn't high but kind of but kind of high for me). But I can't help thinking has all this been caused by keytones I may have missed can still get the affects of them lingering even if they come back down if it wasn't treated properly.

Oberthibking​

Yes, you are over thinking again. Keytones at 0.6 are completely normal levels, even up to 3.0 is normal if you skipped your breakfast.
Sorry I was worrying if I missed some at times I haven't checked. Not saying that 0.6 was high(athough like I said it is for me)

Oberthibking​

Yes, you are over thinking again. Keytones at 0.6 are completely normal levels, even up to 3.0 is normal if you skipped your breakfast.
I was told told if they 3 go straight to a and e

The reason for the worry about missing some is as said everything feels similar at the moment to the days leading up diagnosis.

The reason for the worry about missing some is as said everything feels similar at the moment to the days leading up diagnosis.
The difference is that you have insulin now, so providing you keep taking your insulin and keep your BG levels reasonably under control, the ketones should not become a problem. When you were diagnosed, The high ketones were because you didn't have enough insulin in your system. You now have the tools to manage the situation, so have confidence in yourself and your ability to manage it.
What sort of BG levels are you testing ketones at and how long have you been up at those levels?

The difference is that you have insulin now, so providing you keep taking your insulin and keep your BG levels reasonably under control, the ketones should not become a problem. When you were diagnosed, The high ketones were because you didn't have enough insulin in your system. You now have the tools to manage the situation, so have confidence in yourself and your ability to manage it.
What sort of BG levels are you testing ketones at and how long have you been up at those levels?
Im only testing because im ill and ive told to keep an eye on them(it doesnt matter the number im following the advicd of me team) and aslo because i keep more and more simlar symtoms)

I might physically everything feels simlar

HiThey may have been times I haven't tested wheree I perhaps, should have. Looks like im confusing people again. I was more thinking perherps I missed some higher numbers. There was diffinty a time last week when I should have tested and I am studying to get a handle of things because im so I'll(my brains now worrying perhaps it's the other way round)

To answer your question question i have been seeing a lot of double fingers behaved better yesterday though where single fingers were thd majority until bed.

Okay this isn't good

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220430-105502.png
    Screenshot_20220430-105502.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 10
Actually I don't think the wave sense wireless has been used for the past 30 days this is the last 2 weeks which still Is not good at all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220430-110409.png
    Screenshot_20220430-110409.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 2
Are you following sick day rules to keep your BG levels more in range when you are ill? You will need more insulin when you are ill to manage your levels. That glucose management summary isn't desperately bad but if you increase your insulin a bit you should be able to bring it down more into range. Perhaps speak to your DSN next week about increasing your Levemir doses if your levels continue to remain at that level and you are not confident to increase doses yourself.
If your BG levels are not high (consistently mid teens) then you should not be worrying about ketones. They will not go high and be making you ill in between tests and then come down on their own if that is what you are worried about. Once they start to get to dangerous levels they will not come down again without action, or at least that is my understanding but it sounds like you need to speak to your DSN for reassurance on that.

Are you following sick day rules to keep your BG levels more in range when you are ill? You will need more insulin when you are ill to manage your levels. That glucose management summary isn't desperately bad but if you increase your insulin a bit you should be able to bring it down more into range. Perhaps speak to your DSN next week about increasing your Levemir doses if your levels continue to remain at that level and you are not confident to increase doses yourself.
If your BG levels are not high (consistently mid teens) then you should not be worrying about ketones. They will not go high and be making you ill in between tests and then come down on their own if that is what you are worried about. Once they start to get to dangerous levels they will not come down again without action, or at least that is my understanding but it sounds like you need to speak to your DSN for reassurance on that.
I have now increased I got increases my livermir by a unit. And the person I spoke to 2 days okay said no you can correct within 4 hours when ill where as the person I spoke to when I had a nasty cold before was aboustty adimeit that I didnt(athough I don't tend to trust that nurses advice) byt im correcting after 2 hours now if it seems dersttty high. I also changed my radio as well my livermir and it seemed to work yesterday until it jumped up.

I've been I'll for the past month. But now I at the point where im pretty much house bound and bed or sofa ride(i have to force myself up to do anything and it's stugle to do it).

Well now i even found myself going low this afternoon but i dont think it was nercessy an increased radtio more of ovefcalicaton(there was mostly nuts left in a cholate and nut mixe i should have taken it thaf into acount) ill keep an eye on things over tomorrowwww and so on just increase it wants its back now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back