Oatmeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anji53

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Not sure this is the right place to ask this but how often should I test 2 hrs after eating a food e.g this morning my BG was 4.7 I had overnight oatmeal (35 grams ) , berries, Greek yoghurt and seeds for breakfast. 2 hours later my BG was 5.7 Can I assume this is an okay breakfast or do I need to test on other occasions to be sure ?Thank you.

Last edited:
In reality there is no statistical difference between a reading of 4.7 and a reading of 5.7 so to me it would seem that your system is capable of dealing with the carbohydrate in your breakfast, so yes, I would say that your breakfast is OK. Might be worth doing a recheck in a month or two to see if anything has changed.

Not sure this is the right place to ask this but how often should I test 2 hrs after eating a food e.g this morning my BG was 4.7 I had overnight oatmeal (35 grams ) , berries, Greek yoghurt and seeds for breakfast. 2 hours later my BG was 5.7 Can I assume this is an okay breakfast or do I need to test on other occasions to be sure ?Thank you.
I've built up a list of my post-prandial readings for different meals and I don't test anymore for any meal where I've got half-a-dozen or so readings in roughly the same range. We're having salmon steak this evening, for example, with celeriac chips, carrots and green beans. My food diary tells me that from the 7 tests I've done after this meal I average 5.5 post-prandial (range 5.2 - 5.9), so I don't bother doing a post-prandial for it anymore as I would probably be wasting a lancet and test strip.

thanks everyone for the advice Think I need to check on a few more occasions to be sure Find this forum so helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back