O No ..........just got results from my first retinal eye screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheilagh1958

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

Just got results from my first retinal eye screening :(.

Letter says that the photgraph shows some minor changes which they would like to monitor more closely. The want me to go for an additional screen in 6 months time 😱

The letter ends with please do not be concerned by this.

Hi Shelagh, don't worry - a lot of us have had this letter, it's more than likely that whatever they have spotted will be gone in 6 months time - they just want to make sure instead of waiting a year. 🙂 I think people get this a lot when newly diagnosed and it occurs because you are now getting your levels back to normal after their pre-diagnosis highs.

There are six stages for retinopathy and this is stage 1, but it is perfectly possible for it to go back to stage zero!

Sheiliegh I cant say more then alan has already, dont worry to much about this hun i know its easier said then done but really many do get this letter x

Thanks for your replies.

Letter didnt come too much of a surprise.

Had my lowest morning bg this morning of 8 and early evening bg reading are between 5.3 and 6.6 so feel as though I am in a much better place now so hopefully the screening in 6 months won't of get any worse.

Yep, can also confirm this letter, had it too, I am just about due my third eye check (January, I think) and as Alan and Steffie have both said it's not to be worried over unduely. Just keep your levels under control and all will be fine. (Says he tucking into a small sliver of oldest sons birthday cake, I had to, your not sixteen everyday). 😱 :D

Yep, can also confirm this letter, had it too, I am just about due my third eye check (January, I think) and as Alan and Steffie have both said it's not to be worried over unduely. Just keep your levels under control and all will be fine. (Says he tucking into a small sliver of oldest sons birthday cake, I had to, your not sixteen everyday). 😱 :D

I think birthday cakes are just one of those things that you have just got to have.

wouldnt stress to much im in the same boat as you and its my first time in ten years to get a letter like that i didnt think it would happen to me x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back