Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhinav Kant

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am newly diagnosed diabetic with a Blood sugar reading of 50. I have been having nuts for long time as they help me get good energy at work.

But now i wish to know which Nuts are ok to eat for Diabetics and in what quantity on a daily basis?

There is a lot of information on internet but its very confusing to find if diabetics should eat nuts or not ?

Hi Abhinav, welcome to the forum 🙂 Nuts are fine for people with diabetes - walnuts and brazil nuts are particularly good because of the minerals they contain 🙂 Cashews contain less carbohydrate than peanuts, but personally I find that peanuts don't affect me at all 🙂 As for quantity, everything in moderation of course, but around 25g as a snack should be fine 🙂 They're mostly protein, but do tend to be quite high calorie, if you are watching your calories 🙂

Hi Abhinav, welcome to the forum 🙂 Nuts are fine for people with diabetes - walnuts and brazil nuts are particularly good because of the minerals they contain 🙂 Cashews contain less carbohydrate than peanuts, but personally I find that peanuts don't affect me at all 🙂 As for quantity, everything in moderation of course, but around 25g as a snack should be fine 🙂 They're mostly protein, but do tend to be quite high calorie, if you are watching your calories 🙂

Thanks a lot for the help.

I eat all of those (plus a few more different types). But I watch the cashews because they are more carby (30g Carb/100g) and moreish. Pistachio's are a little carby, but as long as you get the shelled type then it's not too bad (as that slows you down).

I love Brazil nuts

I am newly diagnosed diabetic with a Blood sugar reading of 50. I have been having nuts for long time as they help me get good energy at work.

But now i wish to know which Nuts are ok to eat for Diabetics and in what quantity on a daily basis?

There is a lot of information on internet but its very confusing to find if diabetics should eat nuts or not ?
Almonds for me. Good for vitamin E

Atm its Walnuts for me. I also love Brazil nuts
especially when covered in chocolate 😱:D
Macadamias.

Personally for me I have to be careful with nuts as they aggravate my IBS.

Mostly I eat walnuts or pecans as snacks, but sometimes I might have a brazil, or a few cashews with my meal.

I`ve got some Alesto mixed nuts from Lidl, walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts. No salt but really tasty.

Reactions: Ljc
Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts.

Too damn much of them, when I look at the cals & fats info.

Almonds are my go to snack 🙂

Almonds are my go to snack 🙂

Me too. But then I realised yesterday that chomping away at 200g of them in a day is maybe not an excellent dietary move.

The only nuts I’m not keen on are Macadamias. Hazelnuts on their own don’t do much for me either but they’re lovely in chocolate!
I use nuts to reduce the overall GI of a snack such as a piece of fruit, as well as a key source of protein in my mostly vegetarian diet.
I do have to be careful especially with peanuts that I don’t consume far too many calorie-wise!

Me too. But then I realised yesterday that chomping away at 200g of them in a day is maybe not an excellent dietary move.

Whoops, but easy to do! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back