Nurse Ne'er Do Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This was inspired by Caroline's Practise Nurse, who spent the whole appointment moaning about her own problems until eventually Caroline walked out! 😱

Ah! Come in my dear and please sit over there.
No, not in the comfy one ? the grey plastic chair!
I have to sit here, it?s been quite a while
Since my bottom?s been sore on account of my piles?

Now, you?re diabetic, I think it says here.
My eyesight is awful, it?s not very clear?
Uh! You?ll have to speak up dear, what did you say?
I?ve been deaf as a post for a year and a day!

Since you?re diabetic, perhaps you will know?
I wake in the night and I just HAVE to go!
It may be my bladder, perhaps it?s my age,
Would you do my job on this miserable wage?

My throat feels quite dry, I might have some tea,
You probably wouldn?t cope if you had troubles like me!
Some patients are awful, they just ramble on,
Now let me just see where your?oh! She?s gone!

:D

wow! thats really good!

I like it!

Can you link me to the thread North where this happened? Id like to read it! x

Oh my god what a great thread!

At my last appointment an agency nurse did my blood pressure, weight and wizz. While I was undoing my boots I made a light-hearted remark along the lines of 'hope I havent gained this time', to which she responded what I needed was a diet of 6 natural yoghurts a day and 2 cans of weightwatchers soup for 2 weeks and I would loose 2 stone, in fact, "see it drop off you"!

I must have looked at her like thunder, she said she was there on agency and normally worked at a Harley Street Clinic assisting in weight-loss surgery. This is the dietary advice they give everyone apparently prior to weightloss surgery and it would work wonders for me....

I was so peed at this- what a dreadful thing to tell someone with diabetes! And even worse, why doesnt she take her own advice? She was overweight as well!

Some people are murder....

Sorry, forgot to say thanks for that link (got abit carried away! 😉)

Oh my god what a great thread!

At my last appointment an agency nurse did my blood pressure, weight and wizz. While I was undoing my boots I made a light-hearted remark along the lines of 'hope I havent gained this time', to which she responded what I needed was a diet of 6 natural yoghurts a day and 2 cans of weightwatchers soup for 2 weeks and I would loose 2 stone, in fact, "see it drop off you"!

I must have looked at her like thunder, she said she was there on agency and normally worked at a Harley Street Clinic assisting in weight-loss surgery. This is the dietary advice they give everyone apparently prior to weightloss surgery and it would work wonders for me....

I was so peed at this- what a dreadful thing to tell someone with diabetes! And even worse, why doesnt she take her own advice? She was overweight as well!

Some people are murder....

Sorry but I found this so funny (and the poem). How awful for you but I hope you can laugh at it now. Sometimes people open their mouths without engaging their brain.

She had a face like a Rotweiler (?sp) chewing a wasp as well, but apparently there's no diet cure for that yet 😉

Sorry but I found this so funny (and the poem). How awful for you but I hope you can laugh at it now. Sometimes people open their mouths without engaging their brain.

Have to agree on all counts with Vicsetter.....great poem though and got to add that i too have had to listen to the nurse at the surgery spill about this and that...i guess everyone needs someone to talk to though...

Bernie xx

Might be another poem in that 🙂 Although you've already been immortalised as Diabetic Auntie Lou! And weren't you the person who inspired Diabetic Jam? :D

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-diabetic-auntie.html

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2009/07/diabetic-jam.html

Oh my god! I had forgotten that one! That was the day I went to the food market at Southbank with my D friend from Daffers, Ameila and that geezer tried to sell us diabetic jam!

Oh my life in rhyme......:D

lol

That is brilliant!

Oh my god! I had forgotten that one! That was the day I went to the food market at Southbank with my D friend from Daffers, Ameila and that geezer tried to sell us diabetic jam!

Oh my life in rhyme......:D

It seems you are my Muse! :D

Brilliant :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back