Numbness and tingling in feet and hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all,
I have recently ( in the last two months ) been diagnosed with type two diabetes, which I have been managing with diet , but I am going to see the diabetes nurse next week about starting medication .
My HBA1c levels were 58 so not too high at last check.
I have had other issues going on so had to wait for results from liver tests and antibody tests before starting medication.

Any way for a few months I’ve had painful , burning toes at night time ,
But for the last few days they have been tingling all day and burning all over my feet and I’ve also had it in my hands , it’s a funny sensation, it’s numb but fuzzy when touching finger tips .
I also had issues with bladder control , yesterday which has never happened before.
Can these new issues all be connected to the type two diabetes? Also , Is there a reason why they have suddenly got worse. I’ve been checking my levels and they are nothing to be too concerned about (highest being 9 this weekend which is pretty good for me )

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hope you all have a happy and healthy week ahead

Welcome to the forum @Goodbye to beauty

Sorry to hear about the pains and changes in sensation in your tootsies.

I’m not quite sure from your introduction whether you are fairly recently diagnosed? Or have you been living with diabetes for some time?

Tingling and burning sensations can be caused by nerve damage and reduced blood flow to the extremities. Have you been having your pulses checked in feet and ankles at your annual reviews?

Nerve damage (neuropathy) usually takes a while to become apparent, but can also be triggered by a rapid improvement in glucose levels in people who have had undiagnosed raised BGs for some time.

Reducing glucose variation seems to help reduce the symptoms. There are some medications that can also be offered, and some people find a TENS machine can offer relief by blocking pain signals.

Evening all,
I have recently ( in the last two months ) been diagnosed with type two diabetes, which I have been managing with diet , but I am going to see the diabetes nurse next week about starting medication .
My HBA1c levels were 58 so not too high at last check.
I have had other issues going on so had to wait for results from liver tests and antibody tests before starting medication.

Any way for a few months I’ve had painful , burning toes at night time ,
But for the last few days they have been tingling all day and burning all over my feet and I’ve also had it in my hands , it’s a funny sensation, it’s numb but fuzzy when touching finger tips .
I also had issues with bladder control , yesterday which has never happened before.
Can these new issues all be connected to the type two diabetes? Also , Is there a reason why they have suddenly got worse. I’ve been checking my levels and they are nothing to be too concerned about (highest being 9 this weekend which is pretty good for me )

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hope you all have a happy and healthy week ahead
Have you had your B12 checked?

From what you say I suspect you may have been T2 for some time before diagnosis. During that time you may have been running high unknown to you and this may have caused your fingers and toes to become numb very very slowly so that you have not noticed. Bringing your levels down can result in the nerves in your extremities starting to regenerate and this may be why you are feeling pain now. It happened to me when I was first diagnosed, but it finally disappeared. For a while I used the Neuropathy Cocktail which helped a lot. See attached. This combination of supplements is regularly prescribed in Germany, but the medics here don't seem to have heard of it.

Attachments

I have this and I find it very upsetting . My doctor has put me in for another hbac test and full bloods and if they show no reduction we are going to change meds .

Don't be afraid of pushing your health care team to look into this .

X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back