Number of basal rates and insulin to carb ratios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello

I was just wondering how many different basal rates and insulin to carb ratios everyone uses each day? My guess is I am going to end up with 3 or 4 basal rates and a couple of ratios by the time all my testing and adjusting is done.

Rachel

Hi we have 6 basals in currently for Millie, at times we have had 7. ( when she started on the pump the team put her on 3 ) We have 4 carb ratios - 12:1 for breakfast, 15:1 if she has a mid morning snack, 18:1 for lunch and 19:1 for dinner. Doesn't seem much between the lunch and dinner but that 1 makes quite a difference. Good luck with all the fine tuning, is worth the effort 🙂

I've actually got 10 basal rate settings😱

I wouldn't worry about how many basal rates you have, if it holding your basal correct then that's the amout of rates you need...

Hello

I was just wondering how many different basal rates and insulin to carb ratios everyone uses each day? My guess is I am going to end up with 3 or 4 basal rates and a couple of ratios by the time all my testing and adjusting is done.

Rachel

Everone's very different Rachel, just a question of finding what is right for you, it's tricky and takes time and when you've think you've cracked it.... you need to change it again! :confused:

I have about 7 different basal rates 3 units per hour from 6 am to 10 am then reducing to about 1.5 per hour during the day and down to 1 unit per hour during the night. My carb ratio 1s 2.7 units to 10 grams for breakfast, 2 units per 10 grams at lunch and 2.5 units to 10 grams at dinnertime.

Hope you find yours soon it took me a few months to get mine about right! 🙂

I have 2 ratios - 1:8g for breakfast (6am - 10am) and 1:10g the rest of the time.

I have 7 basal rates through the day.

I am the same as Shiv at the moment 🙂 2 ratios and 7 basals. My ratios are 1:8 for breakfast and tea time, and 1:10 for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back