numb foot/kinky nerves

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiv

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
every so often, the sole of my right foot will go numb. not the whole thing - just the bottom right hand part of it.

when i asked about it a few years ago, they said it could be that i have 'kinky' nerves, so if i have my legs crossed or twisted it could be cutting off the nerves.

buuuut...i am still really worried/freaked out by it. it DOES tend to happen when i've been sitting weirdly and it does go away after a while.

has anyone else had this? i'm just panicking that it's d related.

I get this when I sit awkwardly, usually when one leg is crossed under me, and my foot/leg can be numb which takes a few mintues or so to wear off. For me this is really different from the symptoms of neuropathy that I experience.
Have you had your feet checked recently? Are you going to be attending a new clinic once you move back home? Myabe you can get them to check your feet just to check that there are no problems.

every so often, the sole of my right foot will go numb. not the whole thing - just the bottom right hand part of it.

when i asked about it a few years ago, they said it could be that i have 'kinky' nerves, so if i have my legs crossed or twisted it could be cutting off the nerves.

buuuut...i am still really worried/freaked out by it. it DOES tend to happen when i've been sitting weirdly and it does go away after a while.

has anyone else had this? i'm just panicking that it's d related.

"kinky" nerves? Never heard that before :confused:

Before I was diagnosed with the N, if I crossed my legs I would go tingly and numb. And also if sugars were high too.

I wouldn't worry too much, but check it with the doc if you're worried. But I think anyone would get pins and needles if they sit funny, or numbness 🙂

i'm going to get an appointment with the team here as soon as poss - imagine it will be a few weeks though, but i can wait. thankfully will see the DSN in the next month or so.

yeah 'kinky' nerves - exactly what it says on the tin - they said my nerves might not be lying straight!

thanks for the reassurance, i'll bring it up again at clinic.

Don't get it in my feet, but if i have slept awkwardly I get it in my hands. If you are worried or it takes a long time to wear off, do go get it checked, for youe own peace of mind as much as anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back