Not open for further replies.

gll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi peeps.

Hopefully a quick question

Noticing my ear and sometimes down into my jaw is getting numb when my bg is high (like 20-22+).

I'm awaiting referral for the D Team and not sure if it is something I should actively peruse with my GPs who I presume are still in charge of my care until referral or wait until I speak with someone from the referral.

thanks in advance x

I’d mention it to the gp at the earliest opportunity.

I’d speak to the GP. I get pins and needles in my face but only when low not high

I would agree with a GP consultation. Diabetes is an unlikely factor, the commonest cause of those symptoms is Temporomandibular Joint dysfunction. There are lots of other causes, but they are rare. It can be an early symptom of Bell's Palsy, but you would have noticed more symptoms if it has been happening for a while.

I’d speak to the GP. I get pins and needles in my face but only when low not high
That's caused by hyperventilation due to stress or worry

Certainly worth a GP review… if it is connected to Bells Palsy, early treatment makes a big difference (my wife’s experience).

Agreed, raise it with your GP.

Oh dear Lou, sorry your having even more issues ! Definitely worth a chat with a doctor. Let us know how you get on xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back