Now the eyes have it

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Went to Moorfields retinal on Monday. Although a consultant there has previously told me that my left eye has had maximum lasering I found out there were more bleeds discovered at the July monitoring appointment but I hadn't been told. Hence why they wanted to see me face-to-face on Monday. The bleeds are still there so I've been moved up to medium risk for it and have to go back in January. Unfortunately the eye doctor I saw said he was new and was useless at answering my questions so I was left very frustrated after the appointment. He definitely needs to learn about bedside manner.
Getting fed up with so many appointments now, especially when so many London ones eat up Mark's annual leave because I can't get there on my own.
In other news I will have my MRI on November 18th.

Sorry to read of your experience at Moorfields. Hopefully as you and the doctor get to know each other you'll settle with his bedside manner and won't find it so disappointing.

Thank you Grovesy and Colin. Unfortunately despite many appointments at Moorfields I've haven't got to see the same doctor as most of them are on rotation as it's a teaching hospital. They then discuss you with the consultant and occasionally the consultant comes to speak to you directly, but in my experience that doesn't happen very often. However the benefit is that they've got more equipment than my local hospital.

Thank you Grovesy and Colin. Unfortunately despite many appointments at Moorfields I've haven't got to see the same doctor as most of them are on rotation as it's a teaching hospital. They then discuss you with the consultant and occasionally the consultant comes to speak to you directly, but in my experience that doesn't happen very often. However the benefit is that they've got more equipment than my local hospital.
Sorry to hear about this. I got my retinal scan and it was good. I had a bleed on the white of my eye a few months ago. They said it could have been caused by anything.I hope you can get someone to speak to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Err, Amanda - I don't know the Employment Law about this - but M being your Carer, and your now being partially sighted, should he need to use Annual Leave?

Sorry to hear about this. I got my retinal scan and it was good. I had a bleed on the white of my eye a few months ago. They said it could have been caused by anything.I hope yiu can get someone to speak to.
Thank you. I will know more when I have my next appointment in January. In the meantime I'm going to try not to think about it.

@AJLang - have you considered calling the secretary of the Consultant whose care you are under, asking for a call after an appointment delivering concerning information with someone who could not address any of your questions?

Thank you @AndBreathe thats a good suggestion that I hadn't thought of. I think I will leave it now until January because I am so tired and fed up with medical problems and getting unexpected health news. I’m just so mentally tired with it that I haven’t got the energy to chase anything anything else. Having reflected upon it there’s probably little more that can be done that I don’t know about. It was just so frustrating that I showed him these eye test results and he couldn’t explain it. In all fairness when I insisted that he addressed it he did ask someone else but only because it was clearly that I nicely wasn’t going to leave until he did. But even then all they could say was wait for the MRI results and other hurdles before they will refer to orthoptics - this was despite me having an official report from my hospital showing the problems with my eye movements. Then the trade off was that he didn’t discuss what my eye scan results done on Monday showed and they’ve always gone through those with me. All I got told was about the new bleeds .

Thank you @AndBreathe thats a good suggestion that I hadn't thought of. I think I will leave it now until January because I am so tired and fed up with medical problems and getting unexpected health news. I’m just so mentally tired with it that I haven’t got the energy to chase anything anything else. Having reflected upon it there’s probably little more that can be done that I don’t know about. It was just so frustrating that I showed him these eye test results and he couldn’t explain it. In all fairness when I insisted that he addressed it he did ask someone else but only because it was clearly that I nicely wasn’t going to leave until he did. But even then all they could say was wait for the MRI results and other hurdles before they will refer to orthoptics - this was despite me having an official report from my hospital showing the problems with my eye movements. Then the trade off was that he didn’t discuss what my eye scan results done on Monday showed and they’ve always gone through those with me. All I got told was about the new bleeds .

I admire you for being able to put things to one side for so long. I thrive on information and data, even when it's undesirable. I'd just hate the loose ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back