Novorapid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catwoman76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello all I was just wondering if anyone out there is on Novorapid and/or Insulatard. I have for a few years now, i used to take Actrapid,but that got phased out. Also, could someone tell me what a 'pump' is and how it works. Thanks alot, hope you are all well🙂 sheena

Hi Sheena, I'm on novorapid since diagnosis (May 2008). What do you want to know? A pump is a device you wear 24/7 and it trickles in insulin at different rates according to your requirements through the day.

Hi Sheena,

I'm on novorapid but not insulatard. I'm not really sure how a pump works unfortunately sorry I'm not being too helpful hope your well too x

Hi,
Yes, i'm on Novorapid and at night i take Lantus ( Glargine),

Before that i took Actrapid and i have to say, i personally preferred it because i found its 'curve' suited my lifestyle better. However, the doctor would not allow me to stay on it.
I've now got used to the Novorapid but in the process i have had to make changes to my diet.

Last edited:
Hi Sheena, I'm on novorapid since diagnosis (May 2008). What do you want to know? A pump is a device you wear 24/7 and it trickles in insulin at different rates according to your requirements through the day.

Thanks northerner goodnight sleep tight Sheena

Hi Sheena,

I'm on novorapid but not insulatard. I'm not really sure how a pump works unfortunately sorry I'm not being too helpful hope your well too x

Northerner told me what a pump was, thanks anyway goodnight sleep tight sheena

Hi,
Yes, i'm on Novorapid and at night i take Lantus ( Glarine),

Before that i took Actrapid and i have to say, i personally preferred it because i found it's 'curve' suited my lifestyle better. However, the doctor would not allow me to stay on it.
I've now got used to the Novorapid but in the process i have had to make changes to my diet.

I too preferred Actrapid but doctors know best! don't they? Hope the changes to your diet are going well. Goodnight Sheena

i'm on novorapid too. i've been on it since i switched to MDIs 3 years ago. i have a bit of a love/hate thing with novorapid.
thanks for getting back to me goodnight i'm off to bed now. sheena

If you prefer actrapid, then why don't you ask to go back on it? If you have given novorapid a good go and found it doesn't suit you then I think you have a case to go back.

Hi Sheena ..

Actrapid is still available .. if you prefered this ask to go back on it .. :D

Nathan prior to been changed to Hypurine Porcine Isophane and Neutral was on NovaRapid and Lantus.

Heidi
xx🙂

Would have to use a syringe and vial though it would appear. They won't ever fully get rid of it, as it's used so much in hospitals.

I use Novarapid and Lantus. I was on Insulatard last year but my DSN said it was old fashioned and wouldn't be used in the next couple of years so changed me to NovaRapid and Lantus (which I prefer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back