Novorapid 4 and novo flexpen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have just heard that novorapid have now got a novorapid 4 pen and also a novorapid flex pen i would just like to know if any one is using either and what their views are and also if they have a memory facility on them that lets you know the time when you last injected. Thanks

Hi Mattie

I think you just ask your nurse for new pens, thats what I did anyway.

I've just checked Novo Nordisc's site and BNF and it seems the Novopen 4 is still not available in the UK. They have been available in the USA for more than a year so hopefully it won't be too long before we get them over here.

I have used NovoRapid since being diagnosed 18 months ago. I inject morning, lunch, dinner, the use slow acting Levimir Flexpen last thing at night.
First packs were given to me by the nurse on day I was diagnosed,then there after on repeat prescription. As usual you have to rotate points of injection.
not heard of Novo4 but will investigate if it has any benefits.
;)

Just read the website link for the Novo 4. Seems pretty fiddly having to attach the different cartridges and replace when empty. I think it's much easier with what I use now - just use, dispose when empty and take a new one from the box in the fridge. Only advantage I can see is less storage space required, and environmentally less disposed waste.

The Novopen 4 is avalaible in the Uk I know people who have it already. try to ask your nurse if they have any or you could get it on prescription. I think the biggest advantage is that it dials up and down easily, unlike the novopen3. It doesn't have a memory on it.
And I don't think there is a half unit one avalaible which i need. It's really not a big deal to change cartridges.

I have used the flexpen and the novopen 3 (demi) and prefer the novopen it's sturdier and just feels nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back