Status
Not open for further replies.

MCH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Is it just me?

I got 2 new Novopen 3 Demi's just before Christmas. I used the first one for about 3 weeks and then the wee bit of plastic at the end where the numbers were (with the mark so you knew how many units you had dialled up) just fell of! 🙄 As the pen clicks, I decided to hang on to this one as a spare, and use the other new one - until today, when the same bit of plastic fell off when I changed the cartridge this morning :(

I have now been to the chemist and the pharmacist says she will phone Novepen and let them know, but I was wondering if this is a bad batch or a fault in general with these pens (I personally think they have tried to save just too much money on the glue).

So I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Hi, that's what I have used for almost a year and I have had no issues.

Could be a bad batch

Hazel

I've been using an ordinary Novopen 3 - not a demi - and not had any problems with it. Sounds like a bad batch to me if you got them both at the same time, surely they can't all fall apart so easily!😱

I want a demi :( nursey is "looking into it" for me! If I get one I hope it dosen't fall apart!

Hope you get a proper one that doesn't fall apart soon.

How high does the dial go?? is it all in half graduations??

Cheers

rossi 🙂

I want a demi :( nursey is "looking into it" for me! If I get one I hope it dosen't fall apart!

Hope you get a proper one that doesn't fall apart soon.

How high does the dial go?? is it all in half graduations??

Cheers

rossi 🙂

35 units
YES!
(and so you have been warned, the first one I got was childrens one and had lots of lovely bright green swirly patterns all over it 😱 !)

only novopen junior have the half dose the normal novopen is half until 4 unit have them by mistake a few time

I use a Novopen Demi for my NovoRapid (as its orange to match the cartridge) and NovoPen Junior for my Levimir as theyre both green. In this complicated world its good to keep things simple!!

Haven't had any problems with my Demi and find the half units a real advantage as I don't have to round units up or down once I've calculated my ratio/ dosage. Helps fine tune everything.

I think you may just be unlucky, I would inform them though.

I enquiried to Novo Nordisk direct and they replied with the following, with which I will be speaking to Nursey next week me thinks!

The NovoPen? Demi is available on prescription. The PIP Code is 270-7024

I use a novopen demi because I need the half unit dosing. I haven't had any problems of bits falling off, but my previous one started to leak after about a year so replaced it, and I think my current one is starting to do the same, have noticed it feeling wet on a couple of occasions once taking the lid off. I will swap over to my spare pen if it happens again.

Did read that Novo are bringing a new pen with half units and digital memory, and it will have different skins. It will be more like the novopen 4. Hope we can get it here soon.

I'm off to see chiropodist tomorrow (yay🙄) do you think if i drop a note to me quack through the receptionist on there memo bit of paper with the demi pen pip code I'll get it?? Surely it's worth a punt?

Yeah think you should be able to. Thats what i did when I needed to get a new one, just left a note. They did ring me up and check that they were prescribing the right pen.

We've got 4 Novopen Juniors and a Novopen Demi in this house (green for Mixtard and orange for Novorapid, like Rainbow) and they're all fine.

Well I've put the note in to me quack, lets see what happens! They said 48hrs, I'll be back in a week or two!

Good luck with that Becky, I spoke to a nurse about it in the summer, then I moved, and saw new nurse who said she'd look into it, but not sure when I'll next see her to going straight to the top so to speak gave her the pip code too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back