Novopen Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJay

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’ve been using Novopen 6 for Levemir since April 2022, and Novopen Echo Plus for Novorapid since the beginning of September this year.

The ability to scan doses into Librelink has been brilliant, but now one of my Novopen 6, and both of my Echo Plus pens, are showing error messages whenever I inject/scan. It happened with the Novopen 6 about a month ago, and with the Echo Plus pens, both within the past week - not good for products only 3 months old!

I’ve followed all Novo Nordisk’s advice and it seems my only option now is to contact Customer Care. But I’d like to know if this is a common issue and if anyone else has managed to resolve it?

BTW, results indicate that actual insulin delivery hasn’t been affected and I realise it’s not difficult to enter doses manually as before, but it seems odd/wrong that 3 devices should apparently fail within such a short time.

Have you got a bank card in your phone case? Apparently if you do it can pick up the bank card instead of the pen and give an error..... or something like that.

Have you got a bank card in your phone case? Apparently if you do it can pick up the bank card instead of the pen and give an error..... or something like that.
No, bank cards are kept well away from phone. I did wonder if upgrading to ios 17 was the trigger, but the error messages are also showing on the pen before I scan, so it does seem to be a fault with the pens themselves

It seems extremely odd that all 3 would be faulty within a very short time scale like that.

I’ve had the same problem with two brand new pens and I still haven’t be able to resolve problem. I’ve even spoken to both the Freestyle Libre helpline and the Novopen helpline.

Update - I emailed Novo Nordisk today and was at least pleased to receive a response within a couple of hours!

However, I have been asked to return the pens with their packaging (er, what would I use instead?, and the packaging was recycled soon after I got them) or alternatively send photos of the pens with their packaging. So, I have sent photos of each pen showing its lot no. & serial no. together with some Librelink screenshots showing the error messages and frequency thereof.

I am then told I should get replacements from whoever supplied the pens (in this case, Boots on prescription) and Novo may credit them with the cost thereof!

Getting a prescription authorised and Boots taking delivery thereof will, I reckon, take at least a week at this time of year, so it looks like I'm stuck with the error messages for a while longer. Heigh-ho :(

Update - I emailed Novo Nordisk today and was at least pleased to receive a response within a couple of hours!

However, I have been asked to return the pens with their packaging (er, what would I use instead?, and the packaging was recycled soon after I got them) or alternatively send photos of the pens with their packaging. So, I have sent photos of each pen showing its lot no. & serial no. together with some Librelink screenshots showing the error messages and frequency thereof.

I am then told I should get replacements from whoever supplied the pens (in this case, Boots on prescription) and Novo may credit them with the cost thereof!

Getting a prescription authorised and Boots taking delivery thereof will, I reckon, take at least a week at this time of year, so it looks like I'm stuck with the error messages for a while longer. Heigh-ho :(
Raise a yellow card against Nordisk. Copy to them with a comment about their responses (plural) being totally unsatisfactory and unworthy of such a big organisation. Copy any email to your GP (they write the prescription), your Consultant and PALS (for the attention of the ICS Pharmacy Team) at whatever Integrated Care System (ICS) that replaced your former CCG for your Hospital and GP.

It may not help you, but it puts the matter into better view, where currently Nordisks poor service will otherwise be hidden from any observation. Outsourcing by the NHS is bringing a low level of mediocrity and no-one in a position to possibly grip this ever gets to know.

Raise a yellow card against Nordisk. Copy to them with a comment about their responses (plural) being totally unsatisfactory and unworthy of such a big organisation. Copy any email to your GP (they write the prescription), your Consultant and PALS (for the attention of the ICS Pharmacy Team) at whatever Integrated Care System (ICS) that replaced your former CCG for your Hospital and GP.

It may not help you, but it puts the matter into better view, where currently Nordisks poor service will otherwise be hidden from any observation. Outsourcing by the NHS is bringing a low level of mediocrity and no-one in a position to possibly grip this ever gets to know.
To be honest, with Christmas 2 weeks away and the whole family descending, I really don't have the time - so long as I have pens that deliver insulin, I can manage fine without the bells & whistles for now!

I suppose strictly speaking Nordisk are right, as consumer law makes the "retailer" (Boots) liable for faulty goods; however
I will review the situation in the light of Nordisk's response to my email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back