NovoPen Echo Plus & Insulin dose

Status
Not open for further replies.

northern lass

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Does anyone have experience of higher than normal blood sugar results when using the new Novo Pen Echo plus syringes? I changed over to using these syringes a little over a month ago for both my short acting (Novorapid) and long acting (Tresiba) insulin. I find them much better to use overall, but recently noticed that my blood sugar results are consistently higher since I started using these pens and wondered if anyone else has noticed the same thing.....

Thanks
Northernlass

Hi
Does anyone have experience of higher than normal blood sugar results when using the new Novo Pen Echo plus syringes? I changed over to using these syringes a little over a month ago for both my short acting (Novorapid) and long acting (Tresiba) insulin. I find them much better to use overall, but recently noticed that my blood sugar results are consistently higher since I started using these pens and wondered if anyone else has noticed the same thing.....

Thanks
Northernlass
I’ve recently changed my basal pen from a standard Echo to an Echo plus, and I can’t say I've noticed a difference. If anything, I’ve reduced my nighttime basal because of overnight lows, but I think that’s because of seasonal fluctuations, rather than a change of pen.

Just switched from an old Novopen 4 to Novopen 6 (the equivalent of the Echo Plus but whole units rather than half units). Not noticed any difference at all.

I wonder whether your differences may be down to your old pen giving more insulin than it was indicating on the dial due to wear on the mechanism whereas your new Echo Plus is giving exactly what you dial up? Or it could just be coincidence and some other reason of course.

Any chance your insulin might have bocome compromised?

Can you try a cartridge / penfill from a different box?

Thanks everyone. I have used the Insulin Degludec (Tresiba) disposable pen for some time but recently changed to the Novopen Echo plus pen - which, although heavy to use, I find much better than the disposable pens due to the 1/2 unit measurement it offers and the time and dose memory. From your answers it appears that the new Novopen Echo Plus works fine and is not the reason I am experiencing higher than usual blood sugars at present. Many thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back