NovoPen Echo Plus….Libre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Like many other users I’ve been through the Libre update saga in the last 24 hrs. I followed the instructions for reinstalling app and that all seemed fine until I wanted to update insulin doses with my pen. Scan failure every time and I tried lot. Then success or so I thought, 800 notes! (Obviously all previous readers had been wiped from Libre). Then the screen promptly went white again 🙄

Reinstalled app again and all ok. However I still get scan failure message when I scan pen. Has anyone else had this issue? I can’t see any mention of this issue on line anywhere. I wondered if the pen doesn’t like the new updated app.

Hoping someone can advise. Thanks

Somewhat aside question. Haven't been offered sensor pens. Is that on NHS ? anything to type less into the app would be welcome. Are Fiasp and Tuojeo available on these pens ? Or are they generic pens taking capsules as we got given on diagnosis (2**4) actually it was 4/4/2003. Very confusing numbers

Last edited:
Funnily enough, my Novopen 6 would never scan in the previous app, but now it does, and I too have had masses of doses downloaded, which Libreview has added to the ones I’ve manually recorded, giving rise to massive looking basal figures. Thank goodness I don’t use a Novopen for bolus!

Somewhat aside question. Haven't been offered sensor pens. Is that on NHS ? anything to type less into the app would be welcome. Are Fiasp and Tuojeo available on these pens ? Or are they generic pens taking capsules as we got given on diagnosis (2**4) actually it was 4/4/2003. Very confusing numbers
Hi. You need to ask your surgery. I just added it to my monthly online prescription request a couple of months back.

Somewhat aside question. Haven't been offered sensor pens. Is that on NHS ? anything to type less into the app would be welcome. Are Fiasp and Tuojeo available on these pens ? Or are they generic pens taking capsules as we got given on diagnosis (2014)
Fiasp, yes- Novopen. Toujeo, no. To be honest, it’s no quicker than typing, though!

Haven't been offered sensor pens. Is that on NHS ?
Yes, and they're Novo Nordisk only. If you use NovoRapid, Levemir, etc., and you want reusable pens, the "smart" pens are what you'll get because they're the only ones that are manufactured now (for Novo Nordisk insulins).

Ah ha, someone was ahead of the game @Bruce Stephens and understood the implications. I hadn’t realised this was coming and in fact my phone didn’t seem to be affected for quite a while, so was feeling a bit smug thinking I’d got away without any issues.

@Robert459 I just asked. As I understand it they are the same price as regular echo pens. I admit I thought it would save me a bit of time entering info, but as @JJay says, it doesn’t really. You have to scan the pen. The flow check you do before your actual dose is also included so you do have to tap on that in your log book and enter it as a flow check. However, even though it doesn’t save time, it saves me forgetting to put the information into phone, or guessing later what time I may have done last 2 or 3 jabs. So overall I’m pleased I have it. I just have to remember to do this often enough so I don’t have a backlog to see to (@JJay i only use this for bolus at the moment, so lots of doses recorded ….although if it comes up with 800 again😳 I shall just leave it, flowchecks included).

Hopefully this link will have all the information you are looking for.

Ah ha, someone was ahead of the game @Bruce Stephens and understood the implications.
I've been using Juggluco for a while which already provides this kind of update, and also shows the value on my watch. So I deliberately wanted to delay the update for a while though I'm sure I'll update by accident at some point.

I'm hoping that starting sensors with the reader will mean the update won't have much impact on my usage (so I'll have to update LibreLink (and so LibreView) by scanning a few times a day, but that's OK).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back