NovoPen 6 & Echo - Not uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower3333

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’ve got a brand new NovoPen Echo and NovoPen 6. I’ve be able to set them both up on the Freestyle Libre on my iPhone 12 but then a message comes up saying there is an error and to contact Novo Nordisk.

I’ve contacted the Novo Nordisk helpline who couldn’t resolve the issue and said I should speak to Abbott about the problem. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced issues with the pens and uploading the data to the Freestyle app.

hello, i am still having problems, even after i have registered two new pens. have you managed to resolve the problem?

I’ve still got the same problem. It must be my IPhone 12 which isn’t right as I had the problem with four Novopens.

many thanks for the update, it worked fine until Abbott did that update and hasn't worked since

Do either or both of you have a bank card in your phone case? Apparently the NFC can pick up the bank card instead of the pen. Also, you need to be using the NovoPen Echo Plus or the NovoPen 6 Plus. The original NovoPen Echoes and NovoPen 6 don't have the "smart" function.

Also, you need to be using the NovoPen Echo Plus or the NovoPen 6 Plus. The original NovoPen Echoes and NovoPen 6 don't have the "smart" function.
As is common with product names, it's more confusing than that. You're correct with the Echo and Echo Plus (the ones which support half units) but the corresponding whole unit only pens are the NovoPen 5 and NovoPen 6.

There's no NovoPen 6 Plus (yet, anyway, and I presume that would be rejected as being just too silly and confusing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back