NovoPen 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone,
Is anyone using a NovoPen 4? can you tell me if it delivers half units please.

Thanks
Sue

Hi Sue, I looked at the emanual, and it's just full units. Has replaced the Novopen 3 now on NHS prescriptions. Shame, because I wouldn't mind half units sometimes too!

Hello and Welcome to the forum Sue :D I'm not sure about the Insulin pen , looks like full units to me .

I use one, and yes, its full units

I love it though

Thank you,
I'm usung the NovoPen 3 Demi at the mo which does deliver half units but got into a a slight disagreement with my know it all (knows nothing!) pharmacist and thought you guys would know. Cheers x

definately doesn't deliver half units unless you retract half way through!!

getting a silver one from nursey next month😛

I've got a pair of them and they're great to use. I would love a pen that did half units. These are miles ahead of the older Novopen 3's that I used to have. I still have an old Novopen 3 as a spare though. These things can take punishment as well which is good.

Tom

ive had my pen for 5 years and lost my spare the other day so think it might be time for a new one!!

It's definately whole units, no halves as with the NovoPen 3.

However, it's really light to us, and you can simply wind up or down units, no need to pull the 'barrel' out to reduce... positive dialing of units and just works well.

My two critiscisms (besides half units) are the case, I much preferred the solid case of the 3 and the fact that STILL they don't supply optional barrels for insulin types - sure there is blue and silver, an orange barrel for NovoRapid and a green on for Levemir and a Yellow one for the yellow case insulin (ok, brain fuddled!).

The best they offered me when I raised it years ago were a sheet of paper stickers - YUK.

Having injected 20 units of NovoRapid thinking it was Levemir once, I don't ever plan on doing that again! So I ended up painting the end where your thumb is in the kids War Hammer paint - it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back