Novo Nordisk Says FDA Rejects Insulin Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Novo Nordisk AS says the Food and Drug Administration rejected its applications for approval of once-per-day insulin drugs to treat diabetes.

The Danish drugmaker says it received a "complete response letter" from the FDA regarding its applications for approval of Tresiba and Ryzodeg, or insulin degludec, on Friday. Such a letter indicates the agency determined the application cannot be approved in its current form.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=171651777

I took a dislike to Novo when they stopped producing bovine and porcine insulins. Their main aim seems to be profits rather than the patients' wellbeing. So I have no problem with the FDA having concerns.

Well - I've never got on well with anything Eli made, and Lantus is evil too so thats Sanofi off my Xmas card list as well.

So personally, as I have got on really really well on Novorapid since approx 1998, and Levemir was equally wonderful for me before I got my pump, I'm happy if you leave my trusted supplier alone just for me, thanks!

None of them are in business for altruistic reasons. It's ALL about profit.

I was hacked off when the dear old Wellcome Foundation disappeared - but into every life a little rain must fall ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back