Novo Echo Plus Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I was pleased when I was given these earlier this year as I could scan them with my phone and all the info was at hand on the Libre App. Then CGM happened and the pens wouldn’t scan, kept saying there was an error contact manufacturer. I couldn’t be bothered and it seemed lots of others had the same problem.
Today on the UK Freestyle Libre Users FB group someone posted a solution after speaking to Novo UK. It worked! I had over 1100 scans to record. Here’s what to do if you have the same problem.
Do a two unit insulin flow check shot, make sure the pen dose button is pushed right in and registering zero. Scan the pen but hold the phone and the pen steady, I laid my phone on a table, for 30 seconds until a message shows. It may take a few tries. I got scan complete xxx results backed up. It took 5/6 tries for my bolus pen but did it first time with my basal pen. My doses up to August are showing, I lost some data as I uninstalled the app at one point when they were having teething problems. Now I just have to remember to do it as I’ve got out of the habit. Fingers crossed for tonight’s tea time bolus. I’ll let you know. Hope it helps some of you, if I’ve just taught you how to suck eggs why haven’t you let me know? 😉

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back