Nova pen 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

The robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Evening everyone,hope you’re all well.
This is probably a really silly question but I’m hoping someone will know the answer.
lve just been put onto the nova pen 6 after being on pre-filled tresiba.
I’ve got the pen prepared no problem with cartridges etc, the issue I’m having is connecting it to my iPhone and libre view app. The phone and app are compatible. I’ve gone through the instructions; insulin pen,connect,get started,nova pen 6……. It’s the next bit of scanning what’s not working,it says to scan the pen at the top of the phone but nothing’s happening!!
Do I have to have injected insulin before it works? Hope someone can help.
Judy

Hi. You can use the pen to update your readings at any time. You need to push the pen button in so it is giving a reading then hold it at the right NFC part of the phone; this can be a bit critical but does work for me. My phone is a Samsung Android so i can't comment on an iPhone.

Thankyou, so are you saying that I will have to inject insulin before it will scan?

Thankyou, so are you saying that I will have to inject insulin before it will scan?
You can just raise the cap and push it in again to see the last dose. No need to dial up any doses or inject.

(It may well be that the thing won't scan until you've injected at least once, I don't know. By the time LibreLink had been updated to support the pens I'd had the pens for a month or two.)

All sorted thanks,the only problem I’ve got now is that the test flows are registering as insulin taken. Is there anyway to correct this in the libre view app?
All I’ve done is put a note in the comments.

I’ve now found the drop down arrow on the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back