Notifying Dvla and car insurance companies about type 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spence

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys. I am yet to wait and see a consultant about my type 1 diabetes confirmation but the diabetic nurse at my hospital has said that there were some antibodies found in my blood test results indicating that I am type 1.how soon did you guys notify Dvla and does your car insurance premium up being diabetic? Cheers guys

I think as soon as your diagnosis changes on your medical record which will be once the consultant has confirmed type 1 and prescribed accordingly. There should me no effect on your premiums

Whilst it may not affect your premiums, it is important to tell your insurance company as soon as possible - if you have an accident and your diagnosis comes out then, your insurance company may suggest you were not covered,

Hi guys. I am yet to wait and see a consultant about my type 1 diabetes confirmation but the diabetic nurse at my hospital has said that there were some antibodies found in my blood test results indicating that I am type 1.how soon did you guys notify Dvla and does your car insurance premium up being diabetic? Cheers guys
As you are on insulin you should have told the dvla from day one. Also inform your ins company. Your premiums will not be affected. If you don't tell them your licence is non valid as is your ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back